Say for instance I am playing E string 5 fret, just normal finger picking. When I do this the string slaps the frets and it makes an unwanted slap noise and I need help getting rid of it. I tried raising and lowering the action but it doesnt seem to do it. Is this my bad technique or is this normal?
it seems that you should try to pick the strings with more parallel to the fretboard, and not perpendicular, which causes the string to hit the fretboard
if that helps...
It might be your technique, you might be finger picking downwards, into the bass's body. I know I've done this on occasion, or on purpose. Try picking more upwards, towards your head. You weren't too specific, it might also be fret buzz. Be sure on your left hand that your pressing the strings all the way down, and right behind the metal fret. Hope that helps.
it sounds like your just pluckign it too hard...i have a tendency to do that on my g string when i play fingerbass...just lay off a bit, and i think that will help
yah but that wouldnt be too hard to fix, i did the same thing a while back, happens when i use a pick too, just practice without playing a song to see how u should do it, and fix it
Quote by BikeRacer69
Say for instance I am playing E string 5 fret, just normal finger picking. When I do this the string slaps the frets and it makes an unwanted slap noise and I need help getting rid of it. I tried raising and lowering the action but it doesnt seem to do it. Is this my bad technique or is this normal?

Turn up the volume of the amp. It means you dont need to pick as hard and so it wont buzz
yea turn the amp up loud enough a d you wont hear that noise unless your doing it like insanly

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....