I just started lead singing for a band. I've sang all my life, whether it be in chorus, or just at home singing along with my favorite musicians. But, I have never sang so much and as powerful as I have been singing lately because of my band. My vocal chords aren't very used to singing this much, and its been very strenuous on my voice. After practices I feel like I can't talk anymore. And, even during practice; half-way through our set, I'll already feel my voice going. (I do not scream by the way - I may yell a few times; we're a rock band)

I want to know if anyone can tell me some great and proven ways to keep my voice in great shape. I'm looking for some remedies that can speed up my voice being brought back so I can sing consistently. I still and training my vocal chords to eventually be able to sing longer and longer. I always try to keep up a lot of breath, and try not to scream or strain my voice. So, again. Any great remedies will be great.

P.S. - I checked the sticky, and the remedies they had in there were kind of vague. I'm looking for some things that are a bit more specific. Thanks.
this sounds like total bs but drinking pickle juice helps. i used to do vocal in a band.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
jack daniels gargle
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

Our singers voice was broken...we did Pure lemon juice straight down his throat and made him drink some warm green tea. Since we did it at the same time, i cant tell you which fixed him, but he was fixed 15 minutes later.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
when i did a musical play, i would always drink honey leamon tea and it seemed to keep my voice pretty good. it tastes pretty good too imo.
Vocal thread.

CLOSED.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7