Peavey Valveking head + (insert $200ish cab-->probably a Behringer) =$550

or

Peavey VTM 120 head w/ Ampeg 4X12 = $500

Mainly home use, but has to have power to get CRANKED. Play anything om Metallica to Shinedown
whenever i think ampeg i think bass......
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

whats your budget?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
To ne honest i'd say neither. Don't bother with a head and cab, for 500dollars you could get a nice valve combo. What styles do you play and whats your max budget?
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
To ne honest i'd say neither. Don't bother with a head and cab, for 500dollars you could get a nice valve combo. What styles do you play and whats your max budget?

The options the OP gave aren't all that good.

It seems a bit of a waste just buying a substandard cab to compliment an amp choice, almost like it's an afterthought which it shouldn't be.
Well I remember playing a VAlve King once in GC and I really liked it. Im going back there this week to try it out again. The 120 doesnt seem all too appealing to me for some reason.

As for the cab, I was thinking of a Behringer, since Ive read multiple reviews saying they are good. ALSO, I am negotiating with this guy for a 5150 cab. Hopefully I can get it for around 350 or so. Either way, 700 is WAY above what I planned on spending.

For soem reason, Its like I really just want a halftstack. The small combo amps seem puney to me. :/