Hey UG, I'm going to be in the market soon (my parents don't know it yet ) for a new guitar and I thought I'd ask for some help.

The music I play spans a rather large gap of genres/styles so flexibility and versatility are a major concern for me. I play anything from Buckethead, Clapton/Cream, Coheed & Cambria, GnR, Hendrix, Led Zep, (I try to play) Paul Gilbert, RATM, RHCP, Rush, Van Halen, and White Stripes just to name a few. I'm always looking for new styles and artists, so I need a guitar that can get the sound I want in all these styles.

I'm going to be upgrading from a Squier strat I'm thinking of a double-humbucker or an HSH guitar, so something I wanted to ask you guys about is the sound you get out of those. If I got an HH or HSH guitar would it compromise that "single-coil sound" you get from a strat that hendrix and clapton have? Of course my ideal guitar would have two humbuckers and 3 single coils, but I don't think that's considred technologically feasible At any rate, I'm somewhat picky about my pickups. I'd like something decent quality, maybe DiMarzios or something like that. Yeah, I'm picky about these but I'm no expert.

Always important is the budget, and mine should be from about 4-7 hundred. I've somewhat narrowed it down, but I'm always open to suggestions in different brands. My choices are split between Superstrats and LP style guitars, so here's what I'm considering:

-Schecter C1 Classic (click)
-Yamaha RGX A2 (click)
-An Epi LP in this price range
-An Ibanez RG in this price range with DiMarzios (click)

So what do you guys think? I'd really appreciate feedback on these guitars I've lined up but I'm also very open to other suggestions. Just one think, I'm always concerned with looks. I know it's a bad habit, but I just won't play an ugly guitar :P

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
dude if you want a lot of versatility, look up the 513 from PRS. yeah its pricey but its probably the most versatile guitar
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
First off, you won't get any Ibanez with stock Dimarzios (other than sig models) Only the Dimarzio/IBZ stuff, which is pretty bad.

But my vote goes to the Schecter, it looks really nice, has great specs, and excellent versatile pickups.

Quote by Guitarplaymetal
dude if you want a lot of versatility, look up the 513 from PRS. yeah its pricey but its probably the most versatile guitar

He said his price range is 300-700, that costs upwards of $3500. Please give reasonable suggestions.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Guitarplaymetal

Dude, it's about 4000 dollars over my absolute maximum budget.

edit: Yes, thank you doodleface
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
Last edited by *kas at Jul 23, 2007,
First off, you won't get any Ibanez with stock Dimarzios (other than sig models) Only the Dimarzio/IBZ stuff, which is pretty bad.

Thpse pickups are good pickups actually, they're genuine Dimarzios as opposed to Dimarzio "designed", they're just made for Ibanez - a lot depends on whether you like the Super distortion really. I'll throw another one into the mix... Washburn X50 or X40 Pro, depending on whether you want a trem, a tad over budget but a lot of guitar for the money.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X50PRO-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-wcase?sku=516958
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Thpse pickups are good pickups actually, they're genuine Dimarzios as opposed to Dimarzio "designed", they're just made for Ibanez - a lot depends on whether you like the Super distortion really. I'll throw another one into the mix... Washburn X50 or X40 Pro, depending on whether you want a trem, a tad over budget but a lot of guitar for the money.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X50PRO-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-wcase?sku=516958

+1, i see my work has taken over fellow members

*evil laugh*
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I'd say try to get the Ibanez RG1570 you had in that link. BTW, they're 750 new so I'd say try to get one used.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.