Hey I bought my ibanez RG2550E in 2005, and as I have been resting my hand on the bridge, the sweat and rubbing has taken the black paint off of it and left half the bridge silver and half black. Heres a pic:

So what I am asking is:

1. is there a way to repaint the floyd to return it to its original colour?

OR

2. and easy and not very expensive way to remove all the paint from it to make it uniform

Thanks
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Looks fine to me. The worn paint gives it character. I wouldn't recommend doing anything to it. A FR is a delicate thing to work with.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
ya, id say either play lefty for a bit to evenly wear it off or just leave it alone
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Quote by Stop Messin'
Looks fine to me. The worn paint gives it character. I wouldn't recommend doing anything to it. A FR is a delicate thing to work with.

yeh i agree look at bloody john frusciante's fender aha.xD
haha if you all reckon it looks alright then i might keep it like that lmao. I just thought it would look better all the same colour.

And thats true, they are delicate and i wouldnt wanna **** this up xD
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
yeah, just keep it the way it is
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
I dont' recommend trying to paint metal. It doens't work with regular spray paints and requires power coating or anodizing. Both prodecures which aren't exactly multi use processes.

Powder coating is highly dangerous and requires a room with forced ventilation as well as a license (I think) And anodizing and electroplating kits are available but unless you plan to do a lot of metal plating.anodizing it's really kind of pointless to spend money on it.

So if your really worried about it, just buy new saddles or just wear off the rest of the paint on them.

Either that or you coudl try sanding the color off, but it woudl leave a gritty unsmooth surface that woudl be hard to smooth back down.
If you want to remove the black, oven cleaner will remove the anodization or black oxide coating (if that's what it is).
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
how about you swap the saddles round so you wear them out evenly?

Welcome to two tone coloured FR's
It makes it look used which, unless you're planning to sell, looks great!
Quote by clodzilla319
black dye, a bucket of water, and a car battery... piece o' cake!

Sigged.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores