Hey guys,

Looking for a new guitar, previously had a crappy Epiphone Les Paul, wasn't really very good at all. My budget is anything up to around, say £1000 absolute tops, (i think that's around $1800). My band is sort of hard rock, very riffy and loud and aggressive but melodic, (but not in an emo way!). Think early Thrice, Metallica, etc.

I'm looking for a double-cutaway preferrably, because I like easy access. In terms of woods, I don't know - I need your suggestions really! As a lot of our riffs are very chugging, lots of low, fast palm-muting, I'm looking for something that will have a real punch on palm-mutes, with real strong bass definition. It also needs to have a fast-ish neck, and really scream because I play the lead parts too. My amp is an ENGL Screamer, if that helps.

Thanks!
if you want a double cutaway, probably an SG if u can get it under the price range. ebay maybe?

or an LTD viper, those are pretty much an SG but made for hard rock more, i think that fits under the budget better.
and in my opinion, nicer.
get an esp or limited... maybe a m series or an f series? or an mv if you can find it.

you wont be goin wrong there.
GEAR

Schecter C8 Hellraiser
Jackson RR7R
Parker P-40
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

For Sale/Trade:

ESP Ltd MV-200
Fallen Angel 40DSP
Quote by fretsonfire74
if you want a double cutaway, probably an SG if u can get it under the price range. ebay maybe?

or an LTD viper, those are pretty much an SG but made for hard rock more, i think that fits under the budget better.
and in my opinion, nicer.

the sg is about $1500, you'll be good.

thats a fantastic guitar too. You'll be happy with that.
or maybe an ESP?

oooo, how about this beauty?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-MI-NBT-Standard-Neck-Thru-Electric-Guitar?sku=512955
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
So y'all reckon mahogany bodies with no maple top? A lot of the palm mute tones I liked were played with SGs or Xplorers, both of which are just mahogany if I'm correct...
Is Mahogany the right wood to fit my description of my needs? Keep the suggestions coming Thanks!