hey guys, next week i'm planning to buy the boss gt-8 multi-effect processor. but now i'm quite worried. my friends told me that it wouldn't satisfy my expectations with my current amp.
is there any truth to this or do i have to get a better amp?

best regards,

- flö -
Play it through a stereo. MultiFX through a SS amp are hit and miss.
and whats the price of a stereo amp? recommend a good and cheap one pls
He means a stock stereo (think CD player).

If you don't like your amp sound, the GT-8 isn't going to make it sound any better. The amp will seriously limit the GT-8's abilities.

Cheap solution...get a keyboard amp to connect the GT-8 through. Alesis Sumos and Behringer KX1200s are very affordable and sound great with digital guitar preamps.
alright, that's possible. but i've read some reports of players on UG here and somebody says that the gt-8 sounds perfect with a marshall mg-30.
Quote by flö
alright, that's possible. but i've read some reports of players on UG here and somebody says that the gt-8 sounds perfect with a marshall mg-30.

I have never read anything on this site about that. The MG will limit your possibilities as well. A keyboard amp is going to be your best option on a budget, with a good SS power amp coming in second and a tube power amp third (in order of cost).
i know, but the money is limited ... everybody of my buddies recommends me a new amp. i just don't know, maybe my whole setup is ****ed up. i've got a jackson js-1 with a new seymour duncan sh-6b humbucker and the boss mt-2 pedal. it sounds okay but its not what i want.
if the amp has an fx loop you might be ok

EDIT: nevermind, if you go with a multifx it's best to go with an amp that's either made for it or an amp that has a power amp in jack/fx loop
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Last edited by phatsack at Jul 23, 2007,
i know because you can model the distortion into the infinite. thats the reason why i want it.