How cool would it be to see one of the greatest game series on the silver screen?
I heard there making Max Payne into a film so why not GTA.
Who would like to see GTA as a film?
why the hell would the screen be silver?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
GTAs to long, it would be better as a T.V. show.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Nope. Don't even think about it.

The game is more inspired by films anyway, 3 is all from the Godfather, VC is all Scarface, and SA if all that Boyz In Da Hood gang ****.

Making it a film would just be another generic crime film.

The whole appeal of the game is that you do what you want. It would be bland otherwise. You can't translate that t a film.
I guess it would be cool but wouldnt it be basically another very very similar version to Scarface? Basically the same storyline for Vice City anyway, isnt it?...if you turned all the GTA's into a movie then that would be different but what would be the story line?...where would it go?

It would be cool but...i dont think they should do it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I guess it would be cool but wouldnt it be basically another very very similar version to Scarface? Basically the same storyline for Vice City anyway, isnt it?...if you turned all the GTA's into a movie then that would be different but what would be the story line?...where would it go?

It would be cool but...i dont think they should do it.

i always thought that VS was VERY similar to scarface lol
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Hitman movie is gonna be cooler.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA _D
_RAD IO HEA D
You do realise there's no story in any of the GTA games worth telling, right?
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Vice City would be somewhat cool.

Yeah it was. It's called Scarface.

It would suck ass to have GTA on the big screen. It would be exactly like every other movie involving stealing cars and mobsters.

Any characters and plots we enjoy would be ruined by Hollywood because that's what they do to video games when they turn them into movies.
Quote by Rankles
You do realise there's no story in any of the GTA games worth telling, right?

That isn't the point of game movies though

The point of game movies is to take a great game, **** all over it, give it a different storyline entirely, and sell for big bux.
Quote by GiantRaven
Rockstar should sue those bastards!

Look at the reliease date. You can't sue somebody for copyright if they relaised there stuff 25 years before.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
No. The game is great because it's you doing all the crazy ****. I prefer the free-roaming aspect of GTA, and that's impossible to translate into a film.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
There already is a GTA film,came out in the 80's i think...
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Nah, the whole point of GTA is to do whatever the hell you want. Watching it on screen where somebody decided what's going to happen would not be fun, plus there are plenty of movies with just as much violence and plenty more plot wise.
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
I agree with everyone who says it would be the same stories ... considering that every single GTA is basically a collage of parodies on various aspects of pulp culture during the time frames that they took place.

However, every GTA has had an entertaining story line, and I think there's always room for more mob and gangster movies as long as they tell a unique story. Many movies are also parodies and satires of others movies and elements of pop culture anyway so that shouldn't be a reason not to do it. Movies like scary movie, not another teen movie etc. are examples of such movies. So if done right I think that a GTA movie could tell a unique story, parody elements of pop culture (which is what GTA has always done really well) and be very bad-ass. It would be an action / drama / comedy movie with it's own story that has obvious satire and commentaries on various forms of media.

Of course here is Hollywood's chance to screw it up. But they've surprised us before. I went into Transformers with no expectations and it was surprisingly awesome, for example.
Quote by C.C. Deville
i always thought that VS was VERY similar to scarface lol

It was,suits,cars,drugs,all the same lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by GiantRaven
Rockstar should sue those bastards!

Why the crap should rockstar sue THEM?the movie was out first lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault

PROUD EVERTONIAN
When I got GTA 3, it came with a free movie called Grand Theft Auto.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
'If you fall out of that tree and break your legs, don't come running to me!'