hi i have my first gig this saturday. its not a big deal, there arent gonna be that many people there (it's a small place.) i am more of a singer than a guitarist...i'm okay at guitar but i would appreciate it if y'all could reccomend me some songs to play that everyone will know/like.

thanks so much.
peace love and rock n roll,

stella
A family tree to hang from by a circle of dead children...

on a more serious note

through the glass by stone sour, or vermillion pt2 by slipknot

both simple acoustic parts with nice vocal accompniments (sp?)
In all honesty, if your first gig is this Saturday, you don't want to go learning a bunch of new songs right now. For your first gig, you'll already be nervous, you don't need to try and remember a bunch of songs that you just learned. My advice would be to pick the songs that you already know, and can play really well. Then practice those songs over and over again this week until you have a tight, fairly mistake free run-through. Then practice them some more. Find a good song order for the set and try to practice the songs in the order they'll be played. Other than that, everything else you do is up to you. Best of luck on your first gig!!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by kshelt76
In all honesty, if your first gig is this Saturday, you don't want to go learning a bunch of new songs right now. For your first gig, you'll already be nervous, you don't need to try and remember a bunch of songs that you just learned. My advice would be to pick the songs that you already know, and can play really well. Then practice those songs over and over again this week until you have a tight, fairly mistake free run-through. Then practice them some more. Find a good song order for the set and try to practice the songs in the order they'll be played. Other than that, everything else you do is up to you. Best of luck on your first gig!!

Take heed of the above advice.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK