Hey Guys,

I posted recently asking about the TN412A cab and how good it was. The friend who's selling it really wants to get rid of the whole rig and I think I can get him down to around $1000(AUD) for the whole half stack.

Considering its 120W all tube, and the cab has V30's in it, AND its in brand new condition - Whats the amp actually like?

Even if I hear it and like it, am I going to regret buying it after hearing another amp, like the peavey 6505 or something? The whole rig has an RRP of $3495 AUD and this is less than 1/3 of the price, but if its **** I'd rather save up for a Peavey 6505 or something similar.

Does anyone know how it goes for metal? I've never used an Ibanez amp before, but if its anything like its high end guitars, then it should SCREAM.

I think it seems like a great deal, but has anyone got anything to say about the amp that I should know about? How should I go about testing it, and what should I look out for/be wary of buying a 2nd hand tube amp?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by Arlabester
its awful from all the reviews ive read and the clips ive heard.

Oh bugger.....well thanks for the input anyway

You think I should just get the cab for $400AUD cause of the VC30's in it??

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by danastasi
Oh bugger.....well thanks for the input anyway

You think I should just get the cab for $400AUD cause of the VC30's in it??

Cheers,

Dan

yeah. i would.
The cab would be worth it but you'd be better served buying a different head.

Although the cab could still be poor, its not just about the speakers but the construction etc.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
You should buy the whole thing for $1000 then put it on eBay. $1000 is a bargain and some n00b on eBay will buy it for more than that.. I sold my MG half stack for MORE than what I paid for it new. eBay loves half stacks. Or keep the cab and sell the head for profit.