I dont know what happened but whenever i'm playing some chugger riff my right hand plays reeeeally sloppily it usually never happened but i dont know why it does now and sometimes when i try to play 3 fast notes on the low e string i always tense my arm for some reason. Is it because i'm holding my pick wrong or something because this used to never happen
Maybe you're playing too long or you're thinking about it too much. You need to just let it happen (picking the part), and if it starts happening (the sloppy crappiness) take a break then get back to it.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Make an effort to remind yourself to play relaxed at all times. After a while it will become natural and you will no longer have your issue.
Try not to play songs by Avenged Sevenfold ;-)
Well, really, though - you do want to give yourself a rest, 5-10 minutes for every two hours (or whatever feels comfortable).
I think I know exactly what you're talking about here...my advice is to make sure that you're using your wrist, not trying to pick with your forearms. Not cool. Let your wrist flow smoothly, and like a few people already stated above me, slow it down first to get your technique perfect and then put it up to full speed. Just keep working on it, and if you've got any more questions, give me a PM or an e-mail or something, I'll do my best to help you out.

Good luck.