Hi all. The bassist in my band has just bought a new bass (epiphone thunderbird) and is now looking for some decent effects. Money isnt really a matter. We play rock/punk music. Influences are like early oasis, arctic monkeys, the jam etc.

Anyway, could you please reccomend us some good bass pedals. Thanks in advance.
www.myspace.com/bluecollars

My Gear
Fender telecaster deluxe 72
Fender squire strat
Crafter acoustic
Boss ME-50
MXR 10 band EQ
EHX DMM
Marshall JCM 800 100w head
Marshall 1960a cab 4x12
Boss BR-1600
To be perfectly honest, if money doesn't matter, he should get a new bass. Getting a fancy expensive pedal for an Epiphone bass is like putting a silk hat on a pig.

Anyway, check out Digitech's website. They have good pedals and sound clips.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Is it his first bass? I'd concentrate on playing rather than FX if I were him.

If not, then I would trade in the bass for something better, or at least get a better amp.

Also, for that kind of music, the only pedals you might want to get are a Tech21 Sansamp, a compressor, and maybe a delay/flanger/chorus
Im not going to tell him to upgrade. I would look to musicians friend and look at the Line 6 pedal board for 400 bucks. It has a bunch of different amp models and some funky effects. And your darned right there can be funk punk. Also my friend, i would let your bassist deal with this. If your talking for him im not sure hes in need of FXs just yet.