So I just put in a quote to Ran Guitars for a custom Cruiser...

Anyone know if they are good guitars? I have been recommended them but I want second opinions...

Specs are as follows if anyone cares...

Right Handed
Scale: 25.5
Construction: Bolt On
Body: Alder
Top Wood: No
Body Binding: No
Pickup Config: H / Slanted S
Finish: Solid Hot Pink
Headstock: Regular Cruiser
Neck: Maple 3P
Truss Rod Cover: Plastic
Neck Finish: Tung Oil
Fretboard: Maple
Frets: 27 (26-27 Slanted with neck pickup)
Fret Size: Dunlop 6110
Inlays: Dot
Inlay at 12th Fret: Dots
Fingerboard Side Inlays: Green LED's
Headstock Binding: No
Nut: Locking
Width: 43mm
Hardware: Black
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose
Tuners: Sperzel Locking
Straplocks: Schaller
Pickups: Green DiMarzio X2N bridge / Yellow DiMarzio Pro Track neck
Pickup Rings: Black
Knobs: Volume / Tone / After Burner
Switch: 5 Way Lever
i've heard they're good, i haven't tried them though- major thing that put me off was the estimated wait...

EDIT: green leds? 27 frets?

tell us how much that comes to!

EDIT #2: what do you need locking tuners for?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've never played one or anything but the specs seem very good. good pick ups good hardware (or did you ask specifically for them?) chances are if they are using good hardware (shows they aren't cutting corners i guess)they are putting as much effort into the rest of the guitar. only question remaining is if the sound and feel suits you
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've heard they're good, i haven't tried them though- major thing that put me off was the estimated wait...

EDIT: green leds? 27 frets?

tell us how much that comes to!

EDIT #2: what do you need locking tuners for?

I don't need them, but for 10-20 dollars extra they can't hurt if a nut clamp breaks on stage or something...
Meh, they're too overpriced in my opinion.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by thedonutman
Jeff Waters seems to like them.

Yea I noticed this, another thing that shows they must be pretty decent guitars...
Quote by KissingShadows
I don't need them, but for 10-20 dollars extra they can't hurt if a nut clamp breaks on stage or something...

ah, i guess so, yeah.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave who did your custom again?

I don't mind the wait. This guitar is going to be for going to college with, so I have about a year.
legra www.legraguitars.co.uk

if you're in the states, guiterrez, gmw, etc., etc. are probably worth a look.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by KissingShadows

i cringed when i read that. ouch nut clamp haha
Quote by KissingShadows
^Thanks a lot! I like yours a lot!

as i said, there's probably better value available in the states, problem is it's not worth it for us, as any savings are eroded with VAT, customs and shipping etc. Here in the UK legra are great value, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

as i said, there's probably better value available in the states, problem is it's not worth it for us, as any savings are eroded with VAT, customs and shipping etc. Here in the UK legra are great value, though.

I like Legras. In fact, I like a lot of British guitar brands. They're really unique.
dude go for it, i mean just look at the pictures... ok that may seem like a dumb thing to say, but i put in a quote for this RIDICULOUS and obscenely expensive sounding guitar, and i tried the most expensive things, and compared to most other quotes ive tried this comes out as the cheapest.

oh man but look at all the pictures, they're so beautiful!

i dont think theyre everpriced, not as overpriced as jackson and ESP custom shops they're pretty ridiculous. anyway if i were you id get one jsut judging by the photos...
ran makes some great guitars, some day i will get a nice ran cusom explorer;-)
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
Quote by Holy Katana
I like Legras. In fact, I like a lot of British guitar brands. They're really unique.

yeah. even with amps etc., britain always seems to do its own thing. we seem to like thinking outside the box or something.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?