are they really that great? i was thinking about not buying a guitar for 3 years, and for a grad present get a custom ESP.. would it be worth the extra cost? would the quality difference be that great? any help will be very much appreciated. thanks! oh, and i play metal and punk rock, and i have a 5150
you might as well order that guitar now then because i hear it can take years for them to build you your guitar and send it to you. i don't think it would be worth it
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Most custom ESP's end up in the $5000 range. Unless they were a company I endorsed, I personally wouldn't spend that much on a guitar, unless I inherited a load of money.

There are so many great guitars out there for like $1,500; $2,000; and $3,000 which I personally would rather have than a $5,000 custom. Yes, custom is custom, but, it's expensive.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
where are you in the world? you can get a custom from an independent luthier for not all that much...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would recommend a custom but not from ESP. You can get high quality for much less from Carvin, Legra (Dave Mc can give more info on that than I can), I've heard Ran is good too.
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
yeah, there are a bunch of guys who can do it, it depends where you are in the world, though. No point in eroding all your savings with postage and customs charges!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?