View poll results: Which one?!
ENGL Powerball
10 31%
Framus Cobra
16 50%
Other
6 19%
Voters: 32.
Long story short, for some time I've been planning to buy a new amp from some money I'm getting in a lawsuit, and it turns out I'm getting the settlement tomorrow! I've brought my options down to two choices and it's been very, very hard for me to decide between these two ass kicking amps. Overall I want to go with the amp that'll deliver the best metal tones from Sabbath, to Nile, to Opeth.

I'm open to any other suggestions, but as far as tone goes, I really don't think many can beat these . Thanks again for any help!

[just so you all know, there's no way in hell I'm getting anywhere near these amps to test them out, that's why I need the help of UG to push me in the right direction!]
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Go with the Framus, they're ****ing awsome as **** amps.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
i have never hears bad things about the engl's and congrats on the settlement
what did you sue for?
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by senor_penguin
what did you sue for?

Knowing you yanks, someone probably sneezed in his general direction

Congrats on the new amp (well when you get it)
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Guitarfreak777
So uh, what are the amps?

You could always look at the poll .

Quote by senor_penguin
what did you sue for?

My radiator at my old apartment was broken and I kept telling my landlord to fix it; he never got around to it and one day a valve came off and sprayed me with boiling hot water on the chest and gave me severe 2nd degree burns. Very painful experience .

edit: I'd definitely say it's a little worse then someone sneezing at me.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
^crap

sounds pretty bad mate, glad to hear your okay from it.

Anyways, both amps are UBER sweet, so either way you will end up with an awesome amp, I hate to say it but, maybe this is a try and see which is best for you situation?
Do you want good cleans?

Because i hear the ones on the Framus are orgasmic, not too sure on the powerball.
Quote by Chinomaster182
Do you want good cleans?

Because i hear the ones on the Framus are orgasmic, not too sure on the powerball.

Gotta love those cleans . I've heard they both have very, very nice cleans, but which one is necessarily better, I'm not too aware of. I need to find more clips of both amps, I think it'd help a lot.

Quote by Hakanku
^crap

sounds pretty bad mate, glad to hear your okay from it.

Anyways, both amps are UBER sweet, so either way you will end up with an awesome amp, I hate to say it but, maybe this is a try and see which is best for you situation?

I'm glad too, the water was very close to my face so it could of been a lot of worse, though it was by far the most painful experience of my life.

But hey, on the bright side, I'm getting an ENGL or a Framus out of it plus a nice chunk of cash for whatever else I want . I'm going to listen to a bunch of sound clips and read some more reviews and try to narrow it down.

Thanks so far everyone.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Last edited by Jarrott at Jul 23, 2007,
Hey, you could think of it as someone sneezed hot, boiling water at you. Ow.

And probably the Framus, the name is cooler. But ENGL does have fewer vowels and is in all caps...

Seriously, the Framus.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by timi_hendrix
Knowing you yanks, someone probably sneezed in his general direction

God Bless America

congrats on the amp!
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
To be honest, you will be extremely happy with either. I vote Framus for tone, ENGL for versatility and dynamics.
Framus makes some sweet ass amps

but i've heard the Powerball in action, in person. haven't played it, but from what i've heard, it SERIOUSLY delivers

plus it's only 1900-2000 new, which compared to the cobra, which is over 3000, is a GREAT deal

and you can use the leftover money to buy yourself a beautiful boutique cab and anything else your heart desires

this is huge, mann!
congrats!!!
I say the Framus
Ive heard really good things about them, and the sound clips that i have heard, and from bands like Killswitch, they sound great.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Jackson DXMG
ENGL Fireball E635 100
Peavey JSX
Orange 4x12
G-Major
BBE Green Screamer
some guy on harmony central is selling his framus cobra properly biased and with saturation mod for a nice price. try to find the ad. ill look too. the cobra definitely kicks ass.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by kanamvar32
some guy on harmony central is selling his framus cobra properly biased and with saturation mod for a nice price. try to find the ad. ill look too. the cobra definitely kicks ass.

If you happen to come across link me up, I'd be very interested.

Just got back from the settlement and I must say, it turned out very, very nice in my favor . I've got a good idea of what I'm going for, but I'm going to continue researching both just to make sure I choose what's absolute best for me. When it comes right down to it though, the Framus is definitely peaking my interest, as it seems it's the absolute best for metal tones.

Now it's time to decide on a cab .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
Peavey Triple XXX 112
On that kind of budget, you could go boutique quite easily.

And don't forget soldano, they would be good, too.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
On that kind of budget, you could go boutique quite easily.

And don't forget soldano, they would be good, too.

a SLO would be amazing, especially with a boost for more modern metal
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Get the Muhamed Suicmez combination! ENGL Powerball with a Vader Cab
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores