if you need to get better at barre chords, then just play a lot of barre chords until you're good at them
Erm no. Just practise barre chords.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
My fingers are too skinny I got a arch in between my knuckles that needs more padding underneath to depress them. BTW Do you two even know what isotonik chopsticks are?
Quote by 33rhtytriht
My fingers are too skinny I got a arch in between my knuckles that needs more padding underneath to depress them. BTW Do you two even know what isotonik chopsticks are?

Sounds like a stupid japanese invention.

Nothing is going to help you play barre chords more than.....wait for it.... PLAYING BARRE CHORDS.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by 33rhtytriht

I googled them before I posted, I still stand by my statement
No Its a russian exercise system. I wrapped to band aids around my finger in between the two knuckles and I could play them fine cause it made my finger fatter where i needed it to be. Thus proving I need fatter fingers. So how do focus on beefing them up?
^ Sounds to me like you're making excuses. You'd have to be a skeleton to have "too thin" fingers.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I am skeleton and I got big nuckles. All I need is a exercise program to go with practicing barre chords. To help my fingers thickin up. And if anyone has used the chopstix to give me some feedback.
Quote by timi_hendrix
^ Sounds to me like you're making excuses. You'd have to be a skeleton to have "too thin" fingers.

Yeah, there's no such thing as too thin really.

Just get the muscles stronger in your hands by playing barre chords. Don't rely on some silly method to get around that fact.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If you Don't believe or understand what I'am saying Then don't worry about it but I'm sure some one has had this problem before.
Put band aids around the thin part of the fingers to add mass but I dont feel like wearing bad aids all the time. I can push down as hard as I wnt but my knuckle won't flatten.
Last edited by 33rhtytriht at Jul 23, 2007,
then you obviously have no determination what-so-ever.
i used to have the same problem and couldnt get a clear note out of the b string but i managed to solve it by practicin. if i can do it so can you. dont waste your money.
just keep practicin man, you'll get there. try movcing your hand further up so the end of your finger sticks off the top of the neck. that might work
i have the same problem, giant knuckles and joints. press hard, deal with the pain lol you'll adjust to it
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Yeah thats alittle better. I was keeping the tip over the a string and it just was'nt working. allittle harder to move my other finger in positions but that should be easier to work on. Thanx
Im a 17 year old guitarist i have a melodic death metal band, and i have used these chopstick thingys before. when i was in like 7 grade or so (5 years ago i guess) i bought one of these things cause i saw the advertisement in the guitar world classifieds. so i called the number got the letter and ship out the money and i got one.

i lost mine and a couple years ago and i was going to buy another but i clikced one a few forums to see what aother ppl thought. well, everyone gave them hell, ... the only ones to say anything good about them were obviously not regular ppl on advertisers jus repost the same thing...

well, back when i had mine i used it alot all day every day it pretty much
and yes it DOES work, but it definately isnt gonna make you batio in a year

i think its well worth its money every since i used it my sweeps are way more accurate and my legato is almost endless but i still have flaw that that thing wont cure...

anyone should have one you accuracy and endurace will skyrocket

but you look gay when you use one haha

but do not hate on these things until you tried on

have any question for me about them or anything just ask

sorry bout all the crappy typing its cold and my hands are bony
Last edited by nighttwolf at Oct 27, 2009,
haha its cold in my house and i watch my hands when i type so
i screwed up a bunch sorry

haha i love the winter time
Anyways, I have super-skinny fingers. I used to have trouble with barre chords, but really, all it takes is practice.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
so i just reorder a chopstick thing
and ive been using it each day going through all the different workouts and
eachtime i finish i sweep like a monster and my legato its smooth

it really helps with finger accuracy

please anyone who has 30 bucks on 'em
click the (im a current customer thing and need an extra)
i got mine from ballistics drummer website

its not a scam or else i wouldnt have done it

now their drum video thing
that sounds like a scam

those reviews are fake as crap
and his mp3s are as gay as
a 13 year with a warm sandwich