I bought a Washburn like two years ago. It's in fairly good condition considering I haven't touched it much. I just can't seem to make myself sit down and learn. It might be that there's much more that I could be doing with my free time. I finally made my parents take away my television privileges, and it's still not working. I just simply can not sit down to learn. I don't have the slightest clue as to where to start. I learned a few chords but don't what to do next. Any tips?
um... try learning a song?
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
That's easier said than done. The song I want to learn is Glycerine by Bush. It's mellow and from what I hear is pretty slow-paced. I just need to know where to start.
Quote by euphoriac
That's easier said than done. The song I want to learn is Glycerine by Bush. It's mellow and from what I hear is pretty slow-paced. I just need to know where to start.

You are making learning difficult.

Go to the tab section in UG and search for Glycerine. It will show you exactly what to play.

From there, you just need to build up accuracy and picking technique.

You could always go to cyberfret.com and look at all their lessons. They have everything you need to learn the guitar there and it is all free.

Nothing is hard, unless you lack the determination to do so. If that is the case, then you should ask yourself if you really want to play the guitar. There is no magical way to sound good and play great. You need to sit down and learn some basics first.
Well the way to do it is enjoy it, i.e learning glycerine the song you look. Look for basic tabs her or just chords you could strum with it. If it's not fun and you never want to do it, then don't do it. You might want to try a new instrument like bass drums or piano. Shoot when I've gotten guitar down to more of an art i'm gonna pick up learning the harmonica lol.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Try this video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evTTHS9hwvU

...or seriously, just give yourself a whirl at learning a few easy songs. Glycerine is one. Maybe take on some Green Day, Sum 41, that sort of easy, three-or-four chord stuff. Then move on down the line to maybe learning a few easier solos you think sound cool, maybe "Comfortably Numb", "Another Brick in the Wall". Keep progressing.