Page 1 of 2
Police Truck is going to be in guitar hero. The changed the lyrics to the song and I heard completely butchered it. My question is why would Dead Kennedys let them get a hold of this song when everything they're doing with it is against there ethics?
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Because Manifesto records screwed Jello over and now have the rights to the Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death album.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Completely lame circumstances, and ironic, but I guess it'll be fun to play a Kennedys song on a video game.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
bull****....man, i bet if jello did have control, he wouldn't let it happen....

but i don't care for jello that much either....
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I was thinking 'How the fuck did they get that?' too.

I'm not going to get the game, but I'd like to hear just how bad it is.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Police Truck is going to be in guitar hero. The changed the lyrics to the song and I heard completely butchered it. My question is why would Dead Kennedys let them get a hold of this song when everything they're doing with it is against there ethics?

The actual original songs by the artists aren't used. A studio band covers them. That's why the songs are "Song" as made famous by "Band" instead of "song" by "band". Since they're covers that credit the bands that made them I don't think that they need permission from the artists to use a song.

How did they change the lyrics by the way? I haven't even read them and I'm pissed off about it.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
The actual original songs by the artists aren't used. A studio band covers them. That's why the songs are "Song" as made famous by "Band" instead of "song" by "band". Since they're covers that credit the bands that made them I don't think that they need permission from the artists to use a song.

How did they change the lyrics by the way? I haven't even read them and I'm pissed off about it.

They probably took out all the stuff about beating up drunks and bringing the beer and dragging *****s screaming off the street and sucking my dick. You know, all the 'obscene' stuff.
And I think you're right about the covering and not needing rights, which is lame. They probably don't have to pay royalties either. What a f*cking rip off!

Completely lame circumstances, and ironic, but I guess it'll be fun to play a Kennedys song on a video game.

Pff. Hitting 4 buttons is no where near as fun as actually playing it. No 4 buttons could do East Bay Ray's playing justice!

You know what? F*ck Guitar Hero!
I think the people who make it ask for permission.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
even though i am looking forward to playing the song im still pissed off that they are going to change the lyrics. i dont see the point in covering a song if youre all youre going to do is change the lyrics and f*ck it all up.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Lame as all hell.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
That completley destroys everything the Dead Kennedys stood for. Now EVERYONE will know them. That's horrible. I wonder if it's possible to protest against that haha.

There goes part of my and many other peoples' individuality.
well i went to the guitar hero 80s edition site and they were playing parts of the songs that will be on it and the first 40 sec of police truck were on it. they changed "drunks" to "punks". i wonder what else they will change. ive lost all hope for humanity
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Pff. Hitting 4 buttons is no where near as fun as actually playing it. No 4 buttons could do East Bay Ray's playing justice!

Well, no fucking shit. It's just going to be cool to play a song you can completely rock out to on a video game. I know playing it on a real guitar is a lot better, but this can also prove to be fun.
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
Yes, yes...it's ****, etc, etc. May I point out the studio band only covers some of the songs? not all of them. The real artists do their songs, on some of em.

I don't shut up, I grow up. And when I look at you, I want to throw up.

Quote by neidnarb11890

Hey, you take that back. Without Guitar Hero untalented people like me wouldn't be able to feel cool.

"Los Angeles" by X is also in the game.
they've been in a few other video games, too. and who cares? chances are most of the kids that play the game are gonna hear the song and not even like it. i've got guitar hero 2 and i don't even remember half of the bands in it from songs i don't like. i'm sure it'll be like that with the dead kennedys when non-punks that play it. and atleast some punk is getting recognized as not just being talentless crap.

EDIT: and you really shouldn't be mad at guitar hero. the fact that someone wanted to put the dead kennedys into the game, means that some of the people that are making the game actually like them. i'm pretty sure they need to get permission from the bands first, so chances are they did get permission. so you guys should probably be more mad at the people that let them use the song.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Last edited by Ska Wars at Jul 24, 2007,
Argh...I cannot stand this game! It's for lazy arses you have no musical ability but want to be a rock star.

It also mucks up your vision - plus it's really annoying.......plus....I suck at it
Quote by radio_schizo
Argh...I cannot stand this game! It's for lazy arses you have no musical ability but want to be a rock star.

It also mucks up your vision - plus it's really annoying.......plus....I suck at it

I have a couple of friends who are really into Guitar Hero, and they're always talking about it. And I'm just like "If you're that into it, why not get an actual f*cking guitar? "
Quote by neidnarb11890

I have a couple of friends who are really into Guitar Hero, and they're always talking about it. And I'm just like "If you're that into it, why not get an actual f*cking guitar? "

That's sort of like saying "If you like Grand Theft Auto so much, why don't you go out and commit major felonies en masse." I know its a tad on the extreme side, but in the end it's a game, and maybe these people don't want to devote the hundreds of dollars and years of their time to see improvement and play that well. Don't get me wrong, I love my guitar, and I'd take it over guitar hero any day, but in my opinion the two aren't even related.

Now on the topic of the Dead Kennedys thing, I agree with Ska Wars 100%. It's not like it's gonna start a massive wave of kids who will start to like the dead kennedys and create an even larger "faux punk" scene with their lack of knowledge on the subject and falsified attitude about the genre. I mean, if a few guys hear it in the game and get curious and start exploring punk for the first time, what a better place to start than the Dead Kennedys? Plus, Frankenstein, as performed by The Edgar Winter Group was in the first guitar hero, and where's all of those new poser fan boys running around with their Edgar Winter Group shirts on?
Tonights the night that we got the truck
Were goin downtown gonna beat up punks
Your turn to drive Ill bring the gear
Its the late, late shift no one to fear

And ride, ride how we ride
Yeah ride, lowride

Its roundup time where the good girls meet
Gonna drag one screaming off the street

Got a black uniform and a silver badge
Playin cops for real and playin cops for pay

Lets ride, lowride

Pull down your dress heres a kick in the butt
Lets beat you blue til you're losing in your pants
Dont move, child got a big black stick
Theres six of us babe, so take your pick

Lets ride, lowride

The left newspapers might whine a bit
But the guys at the station they dont give a fix
Dispatch calls are you doin something wicked?
No siree, jack, were just givin tickets

Let's ride, ride, how we ride.
Yeah we ride, ride, how we ride.
Yeah we ride, ride, how we ride.
Lets ride, lowride.

Here are the new lyrics. You still can get the message of the song. Censorship for the loss.
Isn't rather ironic that after the Dead Kennedys vs. PMRC thing back in the 80's their lyrics are getting censored so they can be put in a video game?
Quote by neidnarb11890
Isn't rather ironic that after the Dead Kennedys vs. PMRC thing back in the 80's their lyrics are getting censored so they can be put in a video game?

Yes it is, Jello is probablly pretty pissed.
Quote by DanRev
meh the censored lyrics arent too bad

B-b-but the dick sucking and the drunk beating, doesn't that mean anything to you?
Quote by JohnnyGoSka
B-b-but the dick sucking and the drunk beating, doesn't that mean anything to you?

Meh at least its not "peace truck."

Tonight the night we got the truck,
we're going uptown gonna wish good luck,
your turn to hug, I'll bring good cheer,
Its a nice nice shift, none for us to fear.
What a horribly disgusting adaption of the lyrics to that song.
To be perfectly honest it is not that bad, because it still has the original message, just not as profane.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
DK shows are gonna be a lot more crowded if what everyone fears comes true.
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia

If they wanted to put the Dead Kennedys in the game, they should have picked a different song, like maybe Holiday In Cambodia, which isn't as "profane" and has cool guitar parts. There are even dozens of DKs songs with no swearing at all. This makes no sense to me.

Maybe not Holiday in Cambodia - it has the lyrics "Bragging how you know that the n*ggers feel cold"
But yeah, why use one then change it? Chemical Warfare would've been fine, wouldn't it?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by StreetLight3989

the "Bread Kennedys" (remaining members of dead kennedys) own many of the songs, except a select few such as Nazi Punks F*ck off.

SO its not surprising that they are selling out just like they have done before. Screw them.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by SuperBlob
Maybe not Holiday in Cambodia - it has the lyrics "Bragging how you know that the n*ggers feel cold"
But yeah, why use one then change it? Chemical Warfare would've been fine, wouldn't it?

That line is why it took me so long to get in to DK, I don't think anybody should use the N word. But I realized the context that Jello was useing it and it seems ok so, I have gotten into them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Good God. This is going to be worse than the Stooges craze caused by the last one.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by AWA
Good God. This is going to be worse than the Stooges craze caused by the last one.

I hope there won't be a DK craze...
Quote by AWA

There was a Stooges craze?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
"police truck"? meh ... coulda picked a better song. i think it'd be more fun to play "soup is good food". or "drug me". that'd be hard actually.
#DTWD
Page 1 of 2