Ive decided to go ahead and buy a dell laptop and unfortunately when i finally make that decision that decide to switch to amd turion processors rather then the intel core 2 duo processors. So im looking at the dell website and they have they amd turion dualcore processor 512kb/1.6ghz the amd turion tl-58 1 mb/ 1.8 ghz the turion tl60 1mb/2 ghz and tl 64 and 1mb/ 2.2 ghz. How are these stacking up the intel core 2 duo? Right now my laptop is only running 1,100 with 10% discount. It has a 160 gb hard disk and 2 gb of ram plus many other things including bluetooth, cd and dvd write capabilities so should i go away from dell as to get the intel core 2 duo or with the amd turion suffice?
The Turion isn't a bad processor, I have one in my laptop but it's no Core 2 Duo. The Core 2 Duo's run 65nm technology, so they run cooler, more efficient, and faster. If you plan on doing any sort of gaming on it I'd suggest making sure you get a decent video card in there, if you haven't done so already. But if you're just going to be using it for word processing and browsing the net then you really don't need a ****ton of power.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station