View poll results: Which is the best "Back to the Future"
Back to the Future prt 1
27 66%
Back to the Future prt 2
11 27%
Back to the Future prt 3
3 7%
Voters: 41.
Just wondering what people thought of the Back to the Future movies. i personally though 3 was terrible
You gotta go with the first one. Second one was pretty good, I haven't seen all of the third one.
they were gonna make a 4th but sadly what happened to Michael j. fox prevented it
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
I think the first is the best, but I believe the fact that this is a guitar forum and that that movie contains a scene with Marty McFly ripping like those 50s kids have never seen makes all of us biased.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I liked them all,except for the train time machine in the end of the third one, that was to far out.
Part One for sure. Easily the best.
Having seen all three numerous times each, as I own them all, I'd definitely say Part One is my favourite.
The second one was really good too, but they threw in a lot of theoretical time/space elements that went waay over my head when I saw it the first time, when I was about 11. Very cool hoverboard scenes, and having seen a behind-the-scenes movie, so knowing how they shot it makes it even cooler.
The third one was okay, still a great movie. The beginning was the best part, where they dug up the car from the mine. I thought that was a really innovative way to use the 'back in time' thing. They made it into too much of a love story, I think. I mean, who wants to see Doc going, "I can't go back with you, I'm in love with Clara!" I just found that that ruined it for me.

The first one was for sure great. Amazing.
Definitely gets my vote.

EDIT:
Quote by Doodleface
I think the first is the best, but I believe the fact that this is a guitar forum and that that movie contains a scene with Marty McFly ripping like those 50s kids have never seen makes all of us biased.

Definitely +1.
1 was the best. thats with all the trilogy stuff.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
i love back to the future! it is my favorite 80's movie!
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
They all owned, and 3 was great as well. Conceptual twist. Part 1 was all about having a car with gas and no nuclear fuel, and part 3 was all about having something extra ordinary (like nuclear fuel thanks to Mr.Fusion) but no gas (a mundane substance.)

That's good stuff.
"Is that the fucking bible?"

"That's Holy Fucking Bible to you"
I love them all
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory

Playing that how can number one not be your favorite?
myspace.com/theunwantedjellybean <--- Add It!
I liked 3 alot, myself... 2 not too much...

The alternate Hill Valley scared me as a child. =S

The first one = Awesome though, but I <3 the Wild West one.
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
i agree with u that 1 was really good but i liked two better but 4 me its really close
The first one is probably better from a story/film making sense, but I like the second one more because I'm all into the future kind of stuff .
ONE was the best, as always, in a series of movies like this. I thought they did a wonderful job with the others. Rarely do you ever see the second and third movies live up to the first. These did rather nicely.

I actually liked the 3rd a little better than the 2nd. I suppose that probably has to do with the western setting. I thought that gave a whole new dimension for the characters to operate in.

I never looked in the second and third for suBtle little plants like the ones in the first.
ie. Twin Pines mall before - Lone Pine mall after, the campaign poster for Richard Nixon in a radio store with tape recorders on sale, etc.

... and of course, what guitarist doesn't have dreams of playing through this rig?

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5paXeKX-W8

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by rock_on986

Playing that how can number one not be your favorite?
Man, I totally forgot about that! Marvin Berry on the phone with his cousin Chuck. Telling him about the crazy new sound. lawlz0rzzzzzz!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I never looked in the second and third for suBtle little plants like the ones in the first.
ie. Twin Pines mall before - Lone Pine mall after, the campaign poster for Richard Nixon in a radio store with tape recorders on sale, etc.

Actually, there's a TON of those, if you watch all of them a couple times. More than just meets the eye.
There's the obvious "history repeats itself" moments, like the chase scenes, and the "Mom, is that you?" wake-up scenes, but there's also a load of really subtle ones. If you notice, the town in all three eras is built the exact same way, with the exact same stores in exactly the same place, and he always walks into the square the exact same way, with the exact same music playing.
When he's in the diner/80s cafe/tavern, he's always at the counter, and then Biff/Griff/Mad Dog shows up behind him, and says the same (or almost the same) line, and that whole sequence is set up almost exactly the same in every era.
Some of the supporting characters are similar or the same, too (i.e. bartender).

The writers certainly had a lot of wit when it came to continuity.