I know he's not widely listened to but I think the man's brilliant. Songs like Jennifer Juniper are just so beautiful and he also has songs like Hurdy Gurdy Man which are true phychodelic rock masterpieces. Anyone else liste to him?
I like him. Haven't listened to him in a while, though. Funny thing with Donovan is that almost everyone has probably heard "Sunshine Superman" or at least "Happiness Runs" in that commercial recently, but nobody knows who those songs are by.

My favorite album is Gift From A Flower To A Garden.
just checked him out and yeah, he's pretty good.
I really like the sound of his voice.
If You Worry about Critics, Him, Her, and Them.....It's Already Too Late.
I really love "Get Thy Bearings." Great song.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Yeah, 'Sunshine Superman' has been in a Magners (think it's Magners) advert for at least a year now, so most people in the UK will have heard it I'm sure. Classic song.
The album under that name was really good as well.
Think I have another of his somewhere, but can't remember the name of it at the moment.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I haven't gotten into him as much as I want to yet, but Hurdy Gurdy Man is such a great song.
"Rock music is important to people because... it allows you...not to run away
from the problems that are there, but to face up to them, but at
the same time to sort of dance all over them.
That's what rock 'n' roll's about."
--Pete Townshend
I'm a big Donovan fan, I saw him live (was my first concert) it was awesome.

I have several CDs and a bit of Vinyl.

The only thing that bothers me is that some songs make no sense at all, you can tell he was just making **** up while he was stoned
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I just found 'Season of the Witch' in an old songbook last night and spent a while playing/singing it. I love to play 'Sunshine Superman' and 'Mellow Yellow' too...love the weird chords some of his songs have. All of his stuff is really good.

What is the name of that song of his that Jeff Beck played on? Its a strange name that I never can remember...gotta get that song on cd one of these days.