Hello,

My friend John and I are seeking members to get a band going. I play lead guitar and John plays bass. We have been playing our instruments for almost 5 years and have been playing together for about 4 years.

We are seeking a vocalist, keyboardist, and drummer in the South Bay area in southern California.

For a vocalist, we need someone who can sing well along the lines of James Hetfield (Metallica), Chris Cornell (Soundgarden, Audioslave), and Layne Staley (Alice In Chains). If you can play rhythm guitar too and compose songs that would be great too.

For a keyboardist, we need someone good enough to incorporate the keyboard into our music such as Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, and Liquid Tension Experiment. If you're female to provide female vocals occasionally and play some guitar as well that would be great but it's not mandatory.

For a drummer, we need someone who can play various beats and has some experience with double-bass pedals along the lines of Chris Adler (Lamb of God), Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater), and Lars Ulrich (Metallica).

Our musical influences include but are not limited to the following: Metallica, Children of Bodom, Alice In Chains, Lamb of God, Soundgarden, Breaking Benjamin, Iron Maiden, and Chevelle. We are hoping to be an alternative metal band with some thrash metal, grunge, and alternative rock influences.

We are looking for people around the age of 18 who live in or near the South Bay area. We have transportation so we can drive to you if possible. We don't want any smokers, drinkers, or other drug addicts. We want dedicated musicians who are also willing to have some fun.

Let me know if you're interested, if you know someone who is, or if you have any further questions. You can send me a message on myspace too. The link is at the bottom of my sig.

-Luis (a guitar's life)