I'm started to get freakin pissed off at how many freakin AMV's there are nowadays! YouTube has so much! I search for Metallica, master of puppets, and a freakin AMV comes up! I honestly hate those. The reason for this is because anime is not metal! or Punk! or Rock! or etc! I have even seen H.I.M. AmV's. Someone please! tell me i'm not the only one who thinks these are annoying! (No offense to anime lovers, but I really think that rock/metal/punk doesn't mix at all with anime)
Yea, most of those people have nothing else to do with their time
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Quote by M<rockqer>M
oh believe me, they do, and they will continue. like this one, I am especially ashamed of this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pbaiCIvvZgE&mode=related&search=

Somehow, I knew it would be Naruto.

AMV makers try to tell a story with random clips from an anime set to music, but they fail so badly.
Yeah, I have to say I fucking hate AMVs. They come up in pretty much every search that involves music
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Quote by M<rockqer>M

I'm started to get freakin pissed off at how many freakin AMV's there are nowadays! YouTube has so much! I search for Metallica, master of puppets, and a freakin AMV comes up! I honestly hate those. The reason for this is because anime is not metal! or Punk! or Rock! or etc! I have even seen H.I.M. AmV's. Someone please! tell me i'm not the only one who thinks these are annoying! (No offense to anime lovers, but I really think that rock/metal/punk doesn't mix at all with anime)

I dont it is these retarded kids that think it is cool to mix metal music with these crap shows.....dude you havent seen **** dude your story is nothing to compare to mine...dude if there was contest on whos experience was worst with these anime kids mine would blow yours out of the water .....dude i saw an anime video mixed with immortal and they used the song one by one for inuyasha ,and i also saw one with death, pantera,and i forgot but i think it was hatebreed or slayer
Quote by Metal0Maniac
Some of them entertain me.
Don't hate.

I mentioned the no offense part. It's just that?... eh, anime just really doesn't go well with ROCK, i mean c'mon! I don't like to hear Metalllica rocking on while some kid is fighting a twenty eyed toad monster or something like that! no offense but, yeah. The music videos kind of kill metal and rock. That's bad.
i actually saw one of scenes from final fantasy VII advent children set to through her eyes by dream theater. that one was really damn good!
Go Veg.
Quote by M<rockqer>M
oh believe me, they do, and they will continue. like this one, I am especially ashamed of this one.

That was painful.

Cliff is rolling in his grave...I would think.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
I hate them now but without themI wouldent have gotten into linkin park,korn and limpbizkit. NowI know you peeps dont like them and I dont like these bands as much but it started my musical evolution.from Linkin park to led zepplin,metallica and that area pre 1996 heavy metal and hard rock which are respectsable bands so....
Who cares, let them do what they want. You get to hear the song you were looking for.
Although, that naruto one with Metallica was kinda painful.
Quote by codynw42
i am stupid enuff to do it becuz i just did. i feel nothing, there is no high and im not dizzy or anything... its just nasty.

Ryu Hayabusa of the UG Society of Ninjas
Quote by M<rockqer>M

jesus christ. they didn't even try.

yeah AMV's are ****in' sad. first it was mainly nu-metal and Linkin Park were the AMV kings lol. And I didn't care because Linkin Park is trash anyways but now I see so much more and it's all so freakin' disposable.

the reason they do it is because to these people music probably isn't that important to them. if they hear a cool riff, lyrics that match the video in anyway, or just like the groove of any song they'll use it. It's just background music to them, they don't care about the integrity of the song. and most of them look like they're made by some kid wearing one of those naruto headbands sitting in front of his computer trying to figure out how to use Windows Movie Maker.

i swear if I had kids and one of them asked me to buy them one of those ****in' naruto headbands I'd probably cry a little inside but then I'd make him run laps, practice guitar sweeps, and then reward him with playboys. hopefully he'll forget about the stupid headband after that.
No one knows what it's like... to be a dustbin... in Shaftesbury... with hooligans...
Quote by Child Of Maiden
jesus christ. they didn't even try.

yeah AMV's are ****in' sad. first it was mainly nu-metal and Linkin Park were the AMV kings lol. And I didn't care because Linkin Park is trash anyways but now I see so much more and it's all so freakin' disposable.

the reason they do it is because to these people music probably isn't that important to them. if they hear a cool riff, lyrics that match the video in anyway, or just like the groove of any song they'll use it. It's just background music to them, they don't care about the integrity of the song. and most of them look like they're made by some kid wearing one of those naruto headbands sitting in front of his computer trying to figure out how to use Windows Movie Maker.

i swear if I had kids and one of them asked me to buy them one of those ****in' naruto headbands I'd probably cry a little inside but then I'd make him run laps, practice guitar sweeps, and then reward him with playboys. hopefully he'll forget about the stupid headband after that.

Amen Brother
Quote by Megtillica
I dont it is these retarded kids that think it is cool to mix metal music with these crap shows.....dude you havent seen **** dude your story is nothing to compare to mine...dude if there was contest on whos experience was worst with these anime kids mine would blow yours out of the water .....dude i saw an anime video mixed with immortal and they used the song one by one for inuyasha ,and i also saw one with death, pantera,and i forgot but i think it was hatebreed or slayer

Stop saying "dude"...Hurting my eyes, .......du....man
There are a very small number that are pretty good though. But the naruto ones are like a plague on music...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Quote by woodenbandman
I guess that the rebellious, strong guy is more appealing than the guy who worships the ground you walk on and would take a bullet for you.

Gear:
Cordoba C5-Ce
Martin DX121
Martin LXM
Ibanez S520EX-> Weeping Demon Wah-> Roland Cube 20x
It's very difficult to find a song that doesn't have a thoughtless, thrown together AMV of it. It sucks, but I find it useful when I'm searching for studio recordings of songs that aren't singes .
Well, most of the ones that irratate me are the irrelevant ones. Like, they'll put Eruption to a ****ty fight scene that everyone has seen 800,000 times. But when they are funny and match with the lyrics, or at least the mouths are synced right they are good.

I Kinda like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBoMUI08H8 (Not exactly Anime but still)
Quote by Vermintide
Welcome all comers, with open arms and a wagging tail

Member #5 of the Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Pop N' Locker of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Last edited by Wolven at Jul 29, 2007,
Quote by M<rockqer>M

Do you live under a rock?

Because seriously, if this is some sort of revelation to you, you must be extremely ignorant of anime fandom.

In fact, you don't even have to be very knowledgable about anime to know about amvs. As you've said they're all over the place!

And if they're annoying, ignore them. Yes alot of them aren't exactly put together with much thought, but for christ's sake, they're just kids messing around.

You don't own the music and can't dictate whether a person or the anime they are using is "metal" enough make videos with.
the only anime music video i have ever seen that was worth watching was one that was ninja scroll mixed with cradle of filth version of hallowed be they name. it was fcking epic.