Poll: Which One? AMPS AMPS!!
Poll Options
View poll results: Which One? AMPS AMPS!!
A smaller Combo Amp (not sure if I would like this)
8 50%
Peavey Valve King Head w/ 5150 cab/or cheaper if my current deal flops(maybe behringer)
7 44%
Peavey Supreme Transtube head w/ 5150 cab and again if the deal flops a cheaper cab
0 0%
Peavey VTM 120 w/ (same as above) ***not really liking the head for some reason*
1 6%
Voters: 16.
My situation : Im 19, college student, mainly play at home but I want enough power on an amp that if I ever need to crank it up it'll have the balls to do so, and I'm guessing I just might need that feature soon. I play everything from Metallica and Pantera to Iron Maiden to Shinedown to some softer melodic rock...Here are my options...(Budget is 500 give or take/preferably lower/But I'm willing to spend the cash if its worth it)

Im using a Jackson guitar with a Metal Muff pedal, Dimebag Wah, and a soon to come in EH Small clone.
i would go a tiny terror with a 1960A cab

about the same price range

the cab matters

and you dun need a 50/100w head to play at home (even if u wanna crank) if u crank a 50w ur mum definitely would not be happy
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
True, but doesnt it make you happy when you see that beast sitting in your room?
Plus I prefer the sound of a good can and head.

AND I am going to a new amp because I have a Line 6 now so..
I voted the Peavey VTM 120 because it was suppose to be the closes thing you could get a JCM 800.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

i m happy when i get a nice chunky BEAST of a sound

and the orange tiny terror would pwn all those peavey head when cranked (or with ur metal muff on clean) .. and without hearing damage
my humble gears:

EVJ -> 1960av

Quote by SublimeGuitar
I voted the Peavey VTM 120 because it was suppose to be the closes thing you could get a JCM 800.

I don't know why, but Im not a huge fan of Marshalls lol.
Quote by kwokwok
i m happy when i get a nice chunky BEAST of a sound

and the orange tiny terror would pwn all those peavey head when cranked (or with ur metal muff on clean) .. and without hearing damage

YE I LOVE orange amps, but that thing is a good 500+ for just a HEAD. And its only 18 watts
WOOHOO! I have 2 5150's slant cabs for $350 lined up for me. If 1 flops I got the other.

Jeeze..600-700 bucks is a lil more than what I expected but I think its worth it.
or an evj? 5w might be not enuf for ur big appetite though :P

have u tried the 18w terror? its pretty freaking loud

at the least i woudlnt go with peavey cabs
my humble gears:

EVJ -> 1960av

Quote by kwokwok
or an evj? 5w might be not enuf for ur big appetite though :P

have u tried the 18w terror? its pretty freaking loud

at the least i woudlnt go with peavey cabs

Ive never had any issues with Peavey cabs. Theyre a good reliable company. True, some sound a little "muddy".

**Btw, thanks for your opinions, I really appreciate them**

How do you like your EH stufff anyway?
i love them all

when i got my clone i jst plucked chords for like 2 hrs.. its jst so sweet and juicy

the big muff is realli nice in my band (i neva use it outside of a band situation) but its so freaking big.. i AB tested my original big ass one with the lil big muff and they sound exactly the same.. the original has a tiny bit more gain and less bass.. but almost un-noticeable (and i was prob imagining it anyway)
my humble gears:

EVJ -> 1960av

you like peavey dont you?
My Gear=
ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncan bridge pickup
Mesa Boogie DC-5 50W
BOSS GT-6 Effect Processor