Poll: Do people from other countries find American accents sexy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do people from other countries find American accents sexy?
Yes totally!
56 20%
No it makes my ears bleed!!
223 80%
Voters: 279.
Page 1 of 4
femme fatale
Black Tongue!!
285 IQ
Do people from other countries find American accents sexy?

Well...There's the southern accent, Boston, the "general" accent and so forth.

Are any of these accents remotely attractive? Or are they just painful for you guys to listen to sometimes?

For one thing, most people( american girls ) think a British accent or an Italian accent and etc on a guy is hot.

For girls and guys...is it attractive?
Soul Power
Butt-Foam
517 IQ
I find the English accent pretty damn sexy...
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Hexagram
UG's Pug Lover
466 IQ
i have always been curious about this question as well
Garret.
Kilgore Trout
573 IQ
I'm from Canada and I personally cannot stand the "Southern" accent,

No offense to anyone but I just find it so Annoying.

However, most other Americans sound like they have no accent to me so I can't really answer the Sexy part of your question.

Edit:
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
French accent=

+1
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Rankles
2,481 IQ
Certain accents on girls yeah. Not if they sound like a dumb LA bimbo. Heavy Boston is gross on women. Slight southern accents are cool.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
umop-3p!sdn
UG Newbie
1,361 IQ
I used to live in the US, so I still have a slight american accent mixed with an english accent. But I always cringe when I hear an american accent...
femme fatale
Black Tongue!!
285 IQ
Quote by Garret.
I'm from Canada and I personally cannot stand the "Southern" accent,

No offense to anyone but I just find it so Annoying.

However, most other Americans sound like they have no accent to me so I can't really answer the Sexy part of your question.

I don't mind the Southern accent..lol I'm thinking of Sawyer from LOST right now...
samerika
Listen to Bright Eyes!
1,334 IQ
No, definitely not !
Looking for a new sig!
Shredder6
UG's Ultimate Guitar
567 IQ
This person at my work is from texas and she always greets me like "hey baby how are you this mornin?" she is so mothery I like to talk to her she is pretty interesting.

I am Canadian so I'm gonna say no for sexyness but I like some of the accents but the newfoundland accent has got to be one of the greatest!!!
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
нαиd of вlood
Killing With a Smile
843 IQ
I find most American accents annoying, but some are okayy...

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
DPH
Banned
24 IQ
I like chicks with Australian accents more then chicks with American accents (whichever dialect..)
femme fatale
Black Tongue!!
285 IQ
Quote by нαиd of вlood
I find most American accents annoying, but some are okayy...

Which ones?
TheGuitarDreams
No, I play guitar
431 IQ
chicks with british accents are ****ing hot imo
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
нαиd of вlood
Killing With a Smile
843 IQ
Quote by femme fatale
Which ones?

ITs kinda hard to explain... but the ones i find most annoying are southern and that kinda Los Angeles accent. I dont know if thats the best way to explain it, but i know people with it from there. The rest arent too bad.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
TheGuitarDreams
No, I play guitar
431 IQ
Quote by Chickenparts
Why all the hate for southern accents?

idk, but I'm from the south and had an italian accent for awhile. and I'm mexican.

it's all about influence.
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
5,337 IQ
Quote by Chickenparts
Why all the hate for southern accents?

some american girls like it, like girls from other parts of america. it's difficult to turn mine on, i have to be back in the south. i adapt accents easily, but i can't usually turn them on and off at will. i've been trying to perfect my english accent for picking up girls. the key is consistency and subtlety.
#DTWD
browar
1,267 IQ
cockney FTW
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
The4thHorsemen
?
2,541 IQ
I'm from Louisiana, I hate my Southern accent! it makes anything I sing sound country.... It made me cringe when I heard a recording of myself singing Master of Puppets....
Chickenparts
Cowbells facing north
424 IQ
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I'm from Louisiana, I hate my Southern accent! it makes anything I sing sound country.... It made me cringe when I heard a recording of myself singing Master of Puppets....

Don't hate it, appreciate it.
les_paul_01
UG Freak
500 IQ
i don't mind Southern accents at all (being obsessed with southern rock may have something to do with it).

though north-eastern accents do annoy me a bit. like joisey accents and pennsylvania dutch accents.

though in retrospect, it really doesn't matter.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
SGstriker
UG Addict
3,556 IQ
I find french accents sexy. Also very subtle Australian accents. uh, other than that, I don't really have a preference...Im a dude btw, so these accents would be on girls.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
jamie[wls]
Guitarist turned Drummer
323 IQ
Quote by TheGuitarDreams
chicks with british accents are ****ing hot imo

+1

american accents are too.... american
punk_metal
Banned
863 IQ
unless the person with the accent is a hot-looking female with a nice rack wearing nothing but a thong.

no.
millerdrr
Imperialistic American
45 IQ
i am from the mountains of NC, i sound like a "Deliverance" character. Of course, that's because I actually starred in "Deliverance"

jk

EDIT there are different types of southern, as it crosses a large area. Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama is like Matthew McConnaughey; Texas is midwest slowed down a bit; Lousiana and Arkansas is like James Carville or Foghorn Leghorn; Tennesse and Kentucky tend to use southern idioms, but a weak accent. My area of NC is the stereotype comics make a living on. Hard on those "r" sounds, like a pirate crossed with Larry the Cable Guy who is about to go on Jerry Springer. Can't tell much about Virginia and West Virginia, they all sound accentless except down in the southwestern corner. Damn I put too much work into this edit...
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Last edited by millerdrr at Jul 24, 2007,
madbasslover
UG's ***** Hands
1,015 IQ
I don't mind southern accents. Likely because my mom's whole side of the family is from the south. My uncles and my grandma all have southern accents.

As for finding American accents sexy...well, given that i'm American, i don't typically get a stiffy when i hear the girls i know talk. If i had to pick an American accent, though, I'd say southern. It's not as harsh as the northeastern accents, and the way people talk here in California is either without an accent or like obnoxious valley girls. And I shouldn't even have to say anything about midwestern accents

NOTE: To anyone I just offended: It was an accident, but I'm not sorry.
divid3d
we fall.
1,109 IQ
Quote by SGstriker
Also very subtle Australian accents.

i wasn't aware there was such a thing
from daylight...
...into darkness
Metallica708
UG Fanatic
659 IQ
No.

But australian accents can be quite nice.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
breaknahabit
93 IQ
I didn't think america knew other countries existed... oh god what else do they know?
i suck but THATS OK!
GLP_Arclite
AZIZ LIGHT
502 IQ
For one thing, most people( american girls ) think a British accent or an Italian accent and etc on a guy is hot.

*runs to america*

:P lol
Last edited by GLP_Arclite at Jul 24, 2007,
Rocker_69
UG Newbie
379 IQ
I have an american friend with the general accent and it doesn't really effect me, as in I sort of half notice it, but I don't hate it nor do I love it, it's just the way she talks. However, she thinks that my (Australian) accent is sexy

I like the southern accent though, but I don't find it to be sexy. I just like the sound of it.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<