so i saw this thread somewhere else but decided to ask a more detailed question (or two?)

i did quite a bit of searching and it seems like no one really sells piezo pickups for electric guitars. it was pretty tough to find somewhere i could get a piezo pickup that would work with my Jackson version of a floyd rose. im not even sure it would work. i knwo piezo pickups are supposed to be placed under the saddel, and frankly that seems pretty impossible for a double locking tremelo, for obvious reasons...

so do you guys have any idea where i could get a piezo pickup system for my floyd, or is it basically impossible? if so do you guys know any awesome guitars with piezos already in them? besides parkers, they're basically hideous. and expensive...
Ibanez double edge is the only one I've ever heard of.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
oh sweet i just checked to see anywhere i could get only the bridge, but it was...pretty expensive.

maybe i coudl settle with getting one already equipped with one, thats prob what you meant.
Yeah. The musicman JP guitars have piezo and a floating bridge, but start at like $1600.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Not all the JP Musicman guitars have them. It is only the top of the line ones that have the piezo pickup, but damn they rule
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
hm. yeah a little outta my price range... i kinda feel a littel sick now, i jsut looked at these two GORGEOUS ibanez 7-strings with piezo bridges, the rg2027x and the RG7CST

i larned that there are only a handful of the latter ones (like 2 or something ridiculous?) and i now know that i better become a superfamous rockstar really soon if i want to feed my obsession...

too bad you can't buy skill...

but seriously though if i just happened to be able to buy (or steal?) a double edge bridge, woud i be able to replace my jackson version licenced floyd rose with it and squeeze the electonics in with my emg 81 and 85? seems like quite a bit of electronics. plus i dont know if the double edge would fit since its very different from a floyd.

dang thats a long post... sorry about the long read guys...

EDIT: never mind its not that long.
you could look into the black saddle piezo system, i used it on a m250 i had for awhile, it was the only system i found that when id use the tremolo bar it diddnt seem to cut out, its a tad pricey but amazing
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
If you gave up the FR it would be a whole lot easier to do.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by dertjoe
you could look into the black saddle piezo system, i used it on a m250 i had for awhile, it was the only system i found that when id use the tremolo bar it diddnt seem to cut out, its a tad pricey but amazing

oh nice, where'd you find it?
^^^ i found it online and tried it out when i went a tad crazy on acoustic parts on a demo and there was no way i could deplicate it live without either a simulator which sounded ok but not original plus i had to patch it in my rig and such, or a piezo and the piezo sounded more organic and natural and all i had to do was switch it on, i put it on a M250 because it was a cheap guitar, but it made the guitar sound amazing
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
was it a while ago or recently, cuz i cant find it anywhere except in a review type thing on Ed Roman guitars....