hi, im not quite sure yet, but i think i'm going to buy a budda superdrive 30 head. that of course means i will need a cab. i was thinking avatar 2x12 but im not sure yet, i have a couple questions:

1) the budda amp is capable of 4, 8, or 16 ohm output, which one should i use?

2) which speakers should i put in the cab? i play mainly dirtier blues and rock music. i was thinking about 2x vintage 30's, but then i heard about a vintage 30 and G12H30 combo, what are you opinions?

3) should it be closed or open back? how does this effect the sound?
1. 8 ohm is usually the standard restistence...safest for the amp and best tone.

2. That is completely up to you...maybe check what Buddha uses in their cabs. I personally am a fan of Vintage 30's.

3. Closed back will give more bass and direct punch, as all the air is being pushed out the front. An open back will help spread the sound more, give it more of an open or airy sound..also emphasizes the treble and upper mids.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
1. 8 ohm is usually the standard restistence...safest for the amp and best tone.

2. That is completely up to you...maybe check what Buddha uses in their cabs. I personally am a fan of Vintage 30's.

3. Closed back will give more bass and direct punch, as all the air is being pushed out the front. An open back will help spread the sound more, give it more of an open or airy sound..also emphasizes the treble and upper mids.

budda has a custom speaker, the phat 12. i dont know what its modeled after. their cabs are like 600$ for a 2x12 though, thats too much .

i guess i should say that my 2 main guitars are a fender strat and an ibanez rg 1570, i dont know if a closed back or open back would be best for this?