I need help....I'm losing my inspiration to play I've been playing for...2 years now, and..I don't know, I wanna learn something new but i don't know what...or where to begin or anything, I guess i should get a teacher again...but he wasn't teaching me all i wanted to know...
So, i guess my point is, if you guys could give me some crap to learn or practice or something that would be fantastic...cause I REALLY. REALLY. Don't wanna stop playing
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
learn as much Jimi Hendrix as you possibly can. you'll be busy for quite a while

Do some research...look for better teachers in your area or, what usually works for me, see some live music.
My suggestion is find a friend that will play with you, that normally makes me want to continue to get better. Or when you listen to something so good you just want to go out and learn it.
For that I suggest a new band called The Confession, some very nice guitar riffs in their new cd.
the problem with jamming with someone is there aren't any guitarists around where i live for like an hour or so...and i cant see any live shows cause there arent any bands playing here....well im going to the family values tour in august, but...Yeah i'll check out the confession,
guitarfreak.

Any more ideas?

....pretty please?

EDIT: not just guitarists, but i mean musicians...there arent any at all around here haha
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Just listen to as much new music as possible to see what interests you. Then try to learn a new song. May sound too simple, but it works. It may be a bit of a challenge if you're really picky with music like me.
I have same issue, theres like no other musicians in my little ass town. Another suggestion I would is watch videos of your favorite musicians or watch your favorite solo being played. Make you want to learn it.
I agree with the two above(tom and toast), new music can inspire you to play new stuff and make you want to play again...what kind of music are you into?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
1.Try to play Necrophagist.You'll get busy trust me they are the most technical band I've ever heard.

2.Learn Legato, Sweep Picking,Economy Picking, 8 finger tapping, String Skipping arpeggios or improvising.

3.Listen to Virtuosos such as Malmsteen, Vai, Satriani, Petrucci, Buckethead.

4.Try playing some Rusty Cooley ****.

5.A true guitarrist never gets tempted to quit guitar, don't be a pussy force yourself to learn some of the things I listed.

If that^^^doesn't work.......quit guitar.
Quote by LightningboltX
1.Try to play Necrophagist.You'll get busy trust me they are the most technical band I've ever heard.

2.Learn Legato, Sweep Picking,Economy Picking, 8 finger tapping, String Skipping arpeggios or improvising.

5.A true guitarrist never gets tempted to quit guitar, don't be a pussy force yourself to learn some of the things I listed.

Last time I tried to learn a new technique it didn't really inspire me to play more. it just ticked me off until i got it.
Anyone who has gear like yours and isn't motivated to play is either suffering from ADD or is just plain lazy to learn.
I dunno, buy a new guitar, new amp, or new pedal? Maybe a new "toy" would make you want to play again or waste your money horribly
Quote by LightningboltX

Yeah man necro...they're awesome.
And HELL NO i will not quit...i've gotten too far to quit haha i've been trying to sweep for a little while, i stopped cause i didn't wanna get too far in without knowing all i need to know about arps and whatever else. And yeah i need to work on improv a bunch..haha
thanks man
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by ErosThanatos
Anyone who has gear like yours and isn't motivated to play is either suffering from ADD or is just plain lazy to learn.

I know right? lol
I think i DO have a slight case of ADD though....i dunno haha
My gear:
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
ask a good guitarrist to play Road Trippin' by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Great song that will really inspire you...

and try learning some radiohead songs

they have the weirdest chords I've ever seen in my (still short) guitarrist life

yet they sound so perfect...
Last edited by Coronas at May 18, 2008,
If you lose interest in 2 years than that is a sign that you are going to lose interest in the long run.
Well you could move to a more creative side of guitar such as Morello's style, his riff's are p1ss easy to play but he has some pretty cool techniques which produce some decent un-guitar like sounds. Only thing is you pretty much need his pedal board and Toggle/Killswitch to emulate his sounds.
Your friendship is a fog, that disappears when the wind re-directs (YEAH!)
What kind of music have you played before? I mean, on what level are you?