i'm saving to buy a strat...but i don't know what strat to get ...i want it to play blues/rock...srv, hendrix, deep purple, zappa, chuck berry, free, buddy guy, santana, etc...what kind of strat should i get?
A Fender Strat...

I'd just go with the good old American Strat if you're budget allows it. Do yourself a favor though and play it through a decent amp please
Depends on your budget.
If you're on a minimalist's budget, get a used MIM strat and mod the crap out of it.
If you're on a big budget, get an american.

EDIT: If you get the mim, you'll have enough cash left to upgrade to a good amp.
Not a players pack piece of crap. With the money you save getting a mim, you could get like.... a blues jr or something.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jul 24, 2007,
Quote by darkarbiter7
Depends on your budget.
If you're on a minimalist's budget, get a used MIM strat and mod the crap out of it.
If you're on a big budget, get an american.

EDIT: If you get the mim, you'll have enough cash left to upgrade to a good amp.
Not a players pack piece of crap. With the money you save getting a mim, you could get like.... a blues jr or something.

i don't really care about the money, i want to get the best guitar for the style i play, even if i have to save money for months...i have a jcm800 2203 so i don't need a new amp