Well I just ordered a new pickup for my SG and I got the soldering down and everything but im not exactly sure about changing the pickups...

from what I understand on my sg, the entire pickguard acts as a sord of pickup ring which means I gotta take the whole thing off, but im still not sure what im doing in taking it off but i know I can do it...

Im really just worried about leaving the strings off, but i guess it must be done... Does anyone have any tips or anything I got a couple days before the pickup comes in... but Ive heard things like leaving the low E string on to keep some tension in it, but that seems kinda hard with a faded SG seeing how the pickguard is so large...

but any kind of suggestions, especially if you've ever changed the pups in a faded SG, or I believe the standard has the same design for the pickups, would be greatly appreciated!

as always thanks
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Id rather do it myself, its my guitar

Besides the hardest part will be soldering and I can do that easy, its just im not sure about taking the pickups out which ive seen done on other guitars.

I payed 50$ for the pickups with the 25$ off I got my muscians friend, I dont wanna pay half hte price of the pickup to get it installed when I can do the same job
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
If you're just worried about the neck not having enough tension when you take all the strings off, i wouldn't be very concerned. Every time i change strings on my strat, i take them all off and clean the guitar up.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
yea the first responses "Throw money at it" kinda made me made, so I just went and took it all apart and looked at it, and i readjusted my bridge, haha...

Meh but its not so complicated, just a screw and a spring, I think i got this down now :P
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial