Wow! I barely got home from band practice with a new amp. Its pretty funny because my drummer tells me he has an amp in his attic and tells me he will sell it to me for 50$ bucks so I check it out and its a sears tube amp with a 212 cab. How can I check if it works i don't have the cab yet is it ok to plug it in and how do I take out the tubes I accidently just broke one

Thanks
If you don't have the cab, don't plug it in. And if one of the tubes is broken, don't plug it in.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Well, how did you try to take it out before? If you broke the tube, i'd say take the opposite approach this time.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, how did you try to take it out before? If you broke the tube, i'd say take the opposite approach this time.

Yeah, throw it upwards instead of dropping it.

(pull)
Yay I got a tube out but I cant get the broken one out. How can I check if it works with broken tubes and no cab.
^Replace the tube and get a cab....

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
I can get out the tubes that look like el84 and 6l6s but I can not not get out the ecc 83 tubes they have like a mounting bracket or something...
^ that. and learn how to edit your posts.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by guitaristd
take it to a tech
get him to make it good as new
the amp will still be a good deal

+1

Obviously, you're a total n00b with tubes. That's cool, everybody was sometime. What you have right now is a great vintage amp that, once cleaned up, would sell in the $300-400 range just for the head. It's about 40-50W (there are no EL84's in there), so it's very suitable for gigging. And Silvertone's cheap construction probably resulted in a head lighter than a Tiny Terror!

Take it to a tech. Find a good one, preferably one who'll let you look over his shoulder a little bit. You're gonna have to invest in some tubes and some time, but the end result will be a great sounding, unique gigging amp. Enjoy it!

BTW, you getting the matching cab?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
+1

Obviously, you're a total n00b with tubes. That's cool, everybody was sometime. What you have right now is a great vintage amp that, once cleaned up, would sell in the $300-400 range just for the head. It's about 40-50W (there are no EL84's in there), so it's very suitable for gigging. And Silvertone's cheap construction probably resulted in a head lighter than a Tiny Terror!

Take it to a tech. Find a good one, preferably one who'll let you look over his shoulder a little bit. You're gonna have to invest in some tubes and some time, but the end result will be a great sounding, unique gigging amp. Enjoy it!

BTW, you getting the matching cab?

Absolutely seconded. Get it to a tech, let him give it a once over and retube/bias then you'll have a cracking little amp on your hands. Jack White uses them I believe, very cool sounding things.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay