ok so im still doing my IT assignment n i got a question that says describe the boot process of a computer operating Windows XP, from power on. Once again all the stuff i have found is really complicated anyone got a simplified version for what happens?
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
well basicly what happens is when u start your computer the first thing it reads is your flash memory (witch normaly contains your bios) the bios controlls all the hardware untill the operating system takes over. after that has compleated the system then starts to read the hard drive and looks for boot secters thats right at the start of the HD. this is where the NTldr is located. Ntldr then tells the system where all the files are needed to boot windows and then u get the screen that shows the loading bar.

there is bit more too it but i'll have to read up on it to explain it to u more deeply
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Last edited by cyclobs at Jul 24, 2007,
i think thats right.. someone correct me if i'm wrong
Quote by musical donkey
kk thx heaps man.. im almost finished this beast of an assignmenT! haha
50 slide powerpoint presentation
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

lol dam.. i never had to do that in school.. lol. we just learn MS word and crap..lol
Quote by musical donkey
haha yer its pretty intense loll
you dont by any chance understand this question.. coz i have no idea what its even asking

11. State the general difference between the different computer platforms and their respective operating systems.

thx for ur help anywyaz man
Quote by srq89

what it's saying is what difference is there between different operating systems. operating systems bein windows, Linux, Unix, and there is a couple more but i can't think of the name of em

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platform_%28computing%29

and thats got stuff with platforms
Quote by musical donkey
Last edited by cyclobs at Jul 24, 2007,
They are basically asking you to compare IBM and Mac Architecture's and the 3 main OS's, Windows, Macintosh OS and Linux
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
ohh ok.. thats weird coz they already asked a question like that b4.. it said state 2 differences between common operating systems :S
Quote by srq89

Quote by Double Basser
They are basically asking you to compare IBM and Mac Architecture's and the 3 main OS's, Windows, Macintosh OS and Linux

theres one i didn't think of
Quote by musical donkey
^Well technically the later ones are based off Unix but yeah Unix is good to mention but it's not really used that much as linux has pretty much superseded it.
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Double Basser
^Well technically the later ones are based off Unix but yeah Unix is good to mention but it's not really used that much as linux has pretty much superseded it.

Linux is based on Unix. so if your using linux your also using unix
Ibanez RG350ex