What's the best out there? I've tried Musicmatch Jukebox, iTunes, and WM player. From my perspective, wmp > itunes > jukebox.

Anything out there better? (winamp?)

opinions welcome
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

itunes>wmp
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
I like iTunes, really. It's simple, and works with my iPod, but thats because Apple is just a big show-offy jerk-face and think they're too good for iPods to work with anything else.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
I use iTunes, purely because I have an iPod, if I didn't have an iPod, I'd probably be using Windows Media Player
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I've literally tried them all. I don't think there is a "best" player, because different music collections call for different players. If you have a HUGE music collection on a slow computer, foobar is your best bet. So lightweight and fast, and EPIC sound quality. It is just bad for people who: A) aren't good with computers and don'tn understand how to create the player you want (it's not like iTunes with huge buttons, you have to understand programming a little bit. and B) who have iPods or other mp3 players. It has no support for them. iTunes is good for rich people who can spend money all day on iTunes store. If you don't buy off iTunes store, there is NO reason to have iTunes. WMP is good for videos and photos, but nothing else. Media Monkey is a program that tries way to hard to combine WMP and iTunes, and I think it sucks. Many disagree with me, but I personally hate it. I love Winamp the best. It has great audio and video support, and it can manage large libraries well. Also, it manages mp3 players very well. I love the library building and the quick search through the library. It's pretty lightweight and has good sound quality. It also rips and burns cd's and there is a huge winamp community on winamp.com where you can download skins, plugins, etc.
There is also a very expensive and rare music program called J. River. I found it on a torrent site and gave it a shot. It costs about 50$ or you can download it for free if you know what google.com is, but if you are one of the people "against" torrents & illegal downloading, you can use the trial. It is a very good player and mp3 player manager, and a fast cd ripper/burner, and a good video viewer and good quality. I don't remember why I uninstalled it, actually. I think it was to heavy and took up too much space. But yeah, it was a great program. From my experience, I would recommend Winamp over all.
It really whips the llama's ass.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
FOObar2000 is the best... Customize and you get the best player ever, and very little resources are taken
Quote by shtiming
FOObar2000 is the best... Customize and you get the best player ever, and very little resources are taken

I would agree with you, IF foobar provided ipod and mp3 player support and if It could rip cds. The lack of those 2 things make it the second best in my book. It's the best music PLAYER but not the best music MANAGER. IMO anyways.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
i hate iTunes. If Hitler were alive, he'd use iTunes. Not a fan at all. Windows Media has everything i need, and it works perfectly for me.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Foobar2000 is the best player available hands down. It's really no competition, everything else fails in comparison.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
Foobar2000 is the best player available hands down. It's really no competition, everything else fails in comparison.

except for the fact that it doesn't play videos...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by silencesoloud
i hate iTunes. If Hitler were alive, he'd use iTunes. Not a fan at all. Windows Media has everything i need, and it works perfectly for me.

wtf?
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by PieceOfMind666
except for the fact that it doesn't play videos...

I guess I should have said MUSIC player, seeing as how the thread said "Best music players," I thought it was implied :P Anyway, VLC is the best for playing video

He said Hitler would use iTunes because Apple tries to force you to use their products. You buy an iPod, then they try to get you to use iTunes. For example you can only play tracks you buy off iTunes music store in iTunes or on your iPod, not on your Zune or whatever unless you hack the tracks.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
I guess I should have said MUSIC player, seeing as how the thread said "Best music players," I thought it was implied :P Anyway, VLC is the best for playing video

Yeah, I guess you've got me there. I assume he meant for the whole media kaboodle. And I disagree about VLC being the best video player. It has terrible quality. I can't even watch a music video on it because the audio is so terrible. And I know it's not the video file because when I watch it on WMP or winamp it sounds fine. :P
( )
Quote by Op3th
He said Hitler would use iTunes because Apple tries to force you to use their products. You buy an iPod, then they try to get you to use iTunes. For example you can only play tracks you buy off iTunes music store in iTunes or on your iPod, not on your Zune or whatever unless you hack the tracks.

Wow, that was in depth. I figured he just meant it because hitler = evil and itunes = evil. hitler uses itunes because they both suck and are evil.

EDIT:
Quote by shtiming
i remeber there was a mod wher eyou can have ipod support

I hope your talking about Foobar, because I would really like to use my ipod with it...
I assume by "mod" you don't mean official plugin on foobar's homepage, but an unnoficial and sloppy mod some programmer with nothing better to do invented...
oh well, i'll search for it.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Last edited by PieceOfMind666 at Jul 25, 2007,
Quote by PieceOfMind666
And I disagree about VLC being the best video player. It has terrible quality. I can't even watch a music video on it because the audio is so terrible. And I know it's not the video file because when I watch it on WMP or winamp it sounds fine.

I dunno. Mine works perfectly and the audio is crystal clear. Mostly by "being the best" I meant it could play the most kinds of files, and it doesn't need codecs. A lot of anime and stuff I used to download was in these weird file formats, I think it was like .mkv or something, vlc was the best thing I could find to play them.
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
I use iTunes, I have an iPod they work well together. Plus the store' cool to download podcasts from.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I'm on a mac, so I vote iTunes. You'd be amazed how well it works when it's not on a PC, same with iPods. They never freeze up or give me any trouble!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by PieceOfMind666
Yeah, I guess you've got me there. I assume he meant for the whole media kaboodle. And I disagree about VLC being the best video player. It has terrible quality. I can't even watch a music video on it because the audio is so terrible. And I know it's not the video file because when I watch it on WMP or winamp it sounds fine. :P
( )

Wow, that was in depth. I figured he just meant it because hitler = evil and itunes = evil. hitler uses itunes because they both suck and are evil.

EDIT:

I hope your talking about Foobar, because I would really like to use my ipod with it...
I assume by "mod" you don't mean official plugin on foobar's homepage, but an unnoficial and sloppy mod some programmer with nothing better to do invented...
oh well, i'll search for it.

I pretty much meant both. I don't have an iPod, I have some crap Philips one I use for the gym only, so it's useless with iTunes. WM, however. Easy. Drag, sync, done.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
I'll give winamp a try then. And foobar too, sounds interesting.

I'm definitely not going back to itunes...it really annoys me with its trying to convert to m4a always.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Quote by Op3th
I dunno. Mine works perfectly and the audio is crystal clear. Mostly by "being the best" I meant it could play the most kinds of files, and it doesn't need codecs. A lot of anime and stuff I used to download was in these weird file formats, I think it was like .mkv or something, vlc was the best thing I could find to play them.

that's weird, my vlc player has terrible audio quality, maybe I just need an upgrade or something. But I definitely agree that it can play the widest range of formats. It's great for that! In fact, I haven't found a video or audio format that it can't play!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567