Hey I was wondering, what all determines the sound a guitar makes? I've been trying to play some songs I like, and I was wondering if I just have to tune the guitar to the right tone for it to sound like the song or if you purchase some kind of special effect device for your guitar. I have my amp set just fine, so I guess the only thing left is to tune my guitar correctly? like in drop d or whatever
I'm talking about more simple things like, tuning the guitar correctly? or having a device that tweaks your guitar sound, like to make it more twangier.
Quote by MizuCrest
I'm talking about more simple things like, tuning the guitar correctly? or having a device that tweaks your guitar sound, like to make it more twangier.

Your fingers?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Depends on the song. If it's other then standard tuning then yeah, you gotta set your guitar up to the proper tuning or it's never going to sound right. As far as changing tone your pretty dependent on your equipment. The more effects you have the better your chance of dialing in the sound you want. Your going to need to do some research to see what's used on a particular song or if you have an effects amp you can experiment. Get a cheap multi-effects pedal if you don't have anything else. play with it until you figure out what your doing and what you want then upgrade to a better one later.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by MizuCrest
wtf kind of response is that? ****ing idiot, go waste your time.

If that was aimed at me, Let me tell you that your fingers make up most of your tone. Improve your technique and that will get you closer. Fingers and playing style give you twang, not effects or tunings.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.