OK, so i'm looking to buy a wah today, i'm pretty sure it'll be a crybaby, tho i'll take a look at the morley's too.

So, my question, what do you think, is the best crybaby wah up to date ? I'll play through all of them anyway, just wanted to hear opinions. Judging by the reviews, seems that the Dunlop Classic Crybaby is the better one. The same as the original crybaby, but with that fasel inductor thing.

And should i buy an adaptor or rely on batteries ? What's the drain ? Approximately how long does a duracell 9V battery last ? And i've read, that there's no point running it with batteries, because it can't just supply the sufficient power, so it sounds like crap.

Discuss, please.
I like vox V847-

Not crazy about dunlop.... maybe the Budda.... and that didn't do it for me either. Try the 535Q?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

\w/ gear-vault.com \w/
Quote by MrSandMan
I like vox V847-

Not crazy about dunlop.... maybe the Budda.... and that didn't do it for me either. Try the 535Q?

Yeah, I've heard good things about the vox. But i can't get one here, and i don't want to order online, because i want to try it out, before i buy.

And thanks to the other replies.

Still, though versatile, i've read that the 535Q sucks tone pretty bad and it has some other glitches, and that the Q control is kinda useless.
I'm very partial to my Crybaby From Hell...but it's got quite a hefty price tag compared to regular crybabies.
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
Well, my wah budget is about 300$ USD. Dime's wah is a modded 535Q, right ?
yeah, pretty much. It's got the boost on it as well, big fan of that. i also like how it has the input/output jacks on the same side, very convenient. and it just looks badass, haha
ESP Eclipse II
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Sig. Les Paul
LTD EX-400
DigiTech GNX4
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Roland Cube-60
The Crybaby from Hell, 535q, Zakk Wydle Sig are their more expensive ones and i know from owning one that the CFH is awesome
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
the only crybabies worth getting IMO are the 535q and CFH. the other crybabies aren't good at all.
ultimate wah thread

please?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The slash sig wah is great, runs on two 9v batteries. Ive had mine for over 6 months without having to change the batteries. As far as i know the other good crybabies are the 535Q, the dimebag and the zakk wylde sig wahs.
OK, was too short on money to buy the slash wah (it was so great), so i bought the zakk wah.

The cbfh wasn't my thing, guess it's a matter of taste. .. and i was too short on money to buy it
HATE the Crybaby from Hell...actually, I hate all Dunlops, except the custom rackmounted one.

All I could ever get from any dunlop was a thin and nasal tone...had the CFH and 535Q...returned both before the return period expired, and ended up with Morley. I'm a happy camper!