This is freaking righteous! Thanks for posting, Eric.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
Wow! I'm really glad all you guys like them so much.

I just can't believe they're still like, locals up there. They're touring right now but they should be on like, Equal Vision. At least Dischord. Maybe Dischord would fit a little better than Swami.

It's just got that Drive Like Jehu energy, you know? That near-chaos song writing, but with intricate musicianship. I think the way Drive Like Jehu captured orchestrated yet chaotic energy combined with the slightly obscure instrument-work of Q and not U plus the modern spin and generally inconsistent song structure of the more post-hardcore bands on Equal Vision with a generally Hot-Cross-ish sounding base is a decent way to describe these guys. It's like Hot Cross, Hot Snakes, Drive Like Jehu, Q and not U, and Faraquet all in one band. It's so awesome that this **** hasn't completely died, you know? Like, it seems like after the late 90's and early 2000's this kind of stuff has sort of wound down... but this band really brings you back to that refreshing punk/post-hardcore complicated progressive angry **** that's a lot of fun, with an extremly modern twist to it.

The way the music works together is just perfect. I really like these guys a lot and would love to see them. Unfortunately they're literally passing my town on their way to Chicago. The night before they dont have off otherwise I would offer to buy them dinner or something. But I really think these guys aren't getting anywhere near the attention they deserve. Then again, what's new with anything that's actually good?
I play guitar
judging from the 2 songs on their myspace
eh they're pretty good, but all of the bands you compared them to are way better.
good for a 3 piece though.

probably draw comparisons to Ultra Dolphins:
http://www.myspace.com/ultradolphins
who are more badass if not only because they're from Richmond; home of awesome nowadays.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Jul 26, 2007,
Wow, they're pretty sweet. Thanks.

Also, who else thinks the dude in the profile picture looks like David Blaine?
Anyone have their S/T?
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

I wish I had their EP, but you can only get it directly from them or these two indie record stores out of Milwaukee have to ship them too you for like 11.50 or something (I called already ). You can download those two songs though. I'm not sure how much is on their EP though.

Ehhh, Ultra Dolphins is good but they're sort of a slightly different sound. They're gritty whereas Cougar is a little more smooth, like the new Hot Cross album. Still a great ****in band though.
I play guitar
Last edited by )Eric(Draven at Jul 27, 2007,
Geeze, I've had Speak Softly and Carry A Stick on repeat most of the day. That riff that kicks in at 2:05 and carries through the rest of the song is so dancy and epic.
Quote by LPIndin

Mad bump, but I wanted to know if anyone had the tracklisting for the S/T, since the one I downloaded had the songs named 'Track 1' etc.
Pretty good. Reminds me of ETID + the good parts of The Fall of Troy.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
sounds like if the mars volta did hardcore and then had babies with hella
I don't like as i lay dying