I auditioned for a band a few months ago and didn't get hired mainly because:

a) I was REALLY late getting to the audition because of rush hour
b) It really wasn't my style
c) I made it known I didn't want to play for free

They were planning to embark on a national tour to promote their album (This band is signed to a regional Indie label that has a pretty good spread.)

Just a few days ago, I found out that in the middle of the tour someone broke into their van and stole $9,000 worth of equipment. This has forced them to cancel the rest of the tour. If I had been hired that would havfe meant I would lose my equipment, had quit my job for nothing, and made no money the entire summer.

Lessons Learned:

a) Sometimes it's good not to get hired
b) Get insurance if you hit the road
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Dam, that really sucks. But if you look on the brightside, someone is very happy with 9k of stuff
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Dam, that really sucks. But if you look on the brightside, someone is very happy with 9k of stuff

<.<

>.>

Poor guys... I'd die if I lost that much equipment.
Quote by .HUZZAH.
But if you look on the brightside, someone is very happy with 9k of stuff

I seriously hope you're kidding. I hate those bastards who brake into vans, rehearsal places etc. and steal a ****load of expensive gear.
Maybe all that was stolen was a $9,000 guitar.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
hah, then what kind of equipment do they have in there that's not worth taking? :P
Quote by .HUZZAH.
hah, then what kind of equipment do they have in there that's not worth taking? :P

Heavy amps, big drums, cheap guitars...

So they take the most expensive guitar because it's portable and valuable.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
They could've drove off with the van instead of taking things out of it..

I am the better criminal!