lright, so Carvin Legacys are extremely hard to find over here in the UK, and I've only found one site, but it sells the combo fro about £1000 ($2000)!

Anything under £500ish should be managable, used preferrably.

My options seem to be:

Tube combo- The whole reason im looking for a new amp is because Im not happy with my JCM900 combo. But please, recommend any you know of.

Half Stack- Yup, head and cab, probably 2x12 cab.

Rack- Preamp, poweramp and cab. This could be the most expenisive unfortunately.

Did I mention that it has to be around 50W? 100w is waaayyy too loud for me (trust me, my combo is switchable from 50w-100w, and the loudest ive ever got it is half way on the 50w setting).

How is the Laney GH50L and can it achieve good lead tones?
There's a new 3 channel legacy coming out apparently.

Wait for that.

If not, JSX 2 x 12 combo or Engl Screamer.
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff
I think £500 is not enough for decent amp+cab. Maybe Peavey Valve King with the cheap Framus 2x12 cab will do. But then again you won't get the Laacy sound...
I cannot think of any options right now under £500 that will do what you want.
Also, the Bogner XTC is the only amp that is really close to the Legacy sounds...
www.High-Gain.com
Your source for High-gain, Boutique, Handmade and Rare guitar amplifiers in Europe.
If you get a valveking or summit cheaper just whack a compression/sustainer pedal in front of it and and maybe an eq pedal.. should be able to get that sound.
Quote by Jezuzzz
I think £500 is not enough for decent amp+cab. Maybe Peavey Valve King with the cheap Framus 2x12 cab will do. But then again you won't get the Laacy sound...
I cannot think of any options right now under £500 that will do what you want.
Also, the Bogner XTC is the only amp that is really close to the Legacy sounds...

Well, the framus cab (which is meant to be great) is £200, that leaves me with £300, I could definately get a used GH50l with that.
Old early 90's Peavey Supreme Transtube Head...Incredible amp definitely one of the smoothest heads I have ever heard. They are hard to find so try ebay. they will only sound good with a good cab so make sure to not cheap out on the cab.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG 370DX
Ibanez TS9Dx
Marshall Dsl 401

Quote by Draind
i've had my eye on the mesa boogie line, my price range is under $600.

Quote by batman123
maybe you could buy a picture of one for 600, and just pretend for awhile...

i haven't tried the legacy, but the laney tt was pretty smooth when i tried it. if you go used, might be able to get it under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ , I bet your the guy thats selling the only transtube on ebay right?

EDIT: Now you Dave

EDIT: And Im not surprised you havent tried a Legacy Dave, theyre very rare in Europe, and if you want one you'll have to pay twice what the americans pay
Last edited by duggyrocks at Jul 25, 2007,
Used Laney GH50L head + Framus 2x12 cab from thomann (www.thomann.de) would be great.

Or a Laney VC50 used from ebay if you want 2 channels and a bit more versatility.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeah, i haven't seen a legacy anywhere.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've seen legacys beeing sold in germany, try Beyer music or musik schmidt in Frankfurt
www.High-Gain.com
Your source for High-gain, Boutique, Handmade and Rare guitar amplifiers in Europe.
^ i meant to try out, lol. But thanks for the heads up. I think there's a dealer in portsmouth in the UK too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Carvin in the states has a 10-day money back policy, dunno if theres such thing in the UK/Europe too... if yes, then that's the best way to try it :-D
www.High-Gain.com
Ok, so Ive found out I cam get a legacy head for £750. I dont have anywhere near this money atm, so should I save my money for another year or so and get it? Of course, the offer will probably have gone by then.... also, theres the pain of getting a decent cab too. All in all, itl cost about £1000.

Should I save for and buy this amp without being able to try it? Or go with something else? Opinions?
dunno. i bought my engl without trying it, but i'd tried most of the other engls and knew there was a good chance i'd like it. if you haven't tried any carvin amps before, that's quite a risk. plus if you're willing to go to around £750 for the head, there are other amps that'll get a smooth lead tone- the laney tt, engl blackmore, koch, etc., etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?