Quote by bluewilliams
John Lennon was a legendary twat. Surely everyone knew that?

but he is and will be remembered for his peacenik phase.
Quote by 13thFloorStairs
Now, not misunderstood in the vein of Corey Taylor and his suburban aggression, but misunderstood meaning people remember them for idyllic reasons that are totally not true.

If you wanna add nonmusicians, go for it.

i'll start with:

John Lennon was a nice man, lololol.

=/

If he was deliberately making fun of mentally handicapped people then I've lost A LOT of respect for John Lennon.

Good music tho...
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
Well it's clearly Bob Dylan. For obvious reasons.

Also ST anger was misunderstood.

Quote by bearded_monkey
=/

If he was deliberately making fun of mentally handicapped people then I've lost A LOT of respect for John Lennon.

Good music tho...

Same here, although some of the comments on youtube do a shoddy job of explaining why he did it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm sure John was always the dick of The Beatles? Making fun of handicapped people, announcing himself bigger than Jesus, getting the worst on drugs (heroin addict whe he died etc). He was still fucking ruled though.
Axl Rose.
He is a really awesome, caring and loving man. So passionate about his fans.

ok you got me.
Quote by Kensai
Well it's clearly Bob Dylan. For obvious reasons.

how could i forget?

i'd have been terrified to interview him.

if i did i'd be like, "now...i know you're seen as the poet laurette of your generation, but you seem to loathe this title and just want to write songs...discuss"

then i'd be swallowed by his huge, pretentious answer.
Quote by 13thFloorStairs
how could i forget?

i'd have been terrified to interview him.

if i did i'd be like, "now...i know you're seen as the poet laurette of your generation, but you seem to loathe this title and just want to write songs...discuss"

then i'd be swallowed by his huge, pretentious answer.

Well you'd get the shits having a microphone shoved in your face, asking to describe everything day after day.

I reckon it's great, especially when a kid asked him for his autograph and he replied with 'Why do you need it, what use would it be to you?'

But the Lennon thing wasn't cool.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
Well you'd get the shits having a microphone shoved in your face, asking to describe everything day after day.

I reckon it's great, especially when a kid asked him for his autograph and he replied with 'Why do you need it, what use would it be to you?'

But the Lennon thing wasn't cool.

oh, i agree that dylan had every right to be an ass sometimes.

like this one video where he was signing autographs (obviously peeved at that) and this bimbo was like, "are you gonna play blowin in the wind?" and he said no so she goes, "well i don't like subterranean homesick blues that much." and he just glared at her and walked away

that or the radio interview i heard where a woman kindly asked the meaning behind some songs and dylan interuppted her with "knowing what they mean to me doesnt affect you, make your own interpretations."

he was such the prototypical hipster douche
Quote by DeSean
I'm sure John was always the dick of The Beatles? Making fun of handicapped people, announcing himself bigger than Jesus, getting the worst on drugs (heroin addict whe he died etc). He was still fucking ruled though.

And it was context like your post that make him out to be like that.

He said the Beatles were bigger than Jesus in some areas, because kids were obsessed with the Beatles and paid no attention to church. The American media blew it out of proportion. He apologised (if it'd make them feel better) and remarked about the record burning, "well, they'd have to buy it first".
Bruce Springsteen's music gets misinterpreted all the time. Lol at Regan using Born in the USA as his campaign theme song.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born: