Hey my band Yoke of Iron just finished recording my song that I wrote. It's called Breaking Free. I wrote all the music and lyrics to it. In this I'm playing bass like I always do in my band. The link is in my sig, so please check out, and don't be afraid to give me your true opinion. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

P.S. - I put the lyrics up a while ago in the lyrics forum: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604707
Thanks again.
what distortion pedal or amp settings were the guitarists using? it sounded a little fuzzy and un-metal, if you get what im saying. if the guitars had the crunchy distortion thing going on, it would have been so much better. everything else is fine, good song.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
what distortion pedal or amp settings were the guitarists using? it sounded a little fuzzy and un-metal, if you get what im saying. if the guitars had the crunchy distortion thing going on, it would have been so much better. everything else is fine, good song.

I was thinking the same thing, I might need to go back and change that. Thanks!
np - just helpin a fellow metalhead
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
nice, some really cool riffage. the vox were ok, need a lil work tho. but still good attempt. and i dont usually listen to metal (haha). thanxs for the crit on mine
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Firstly the tone: You should make the distortion more crisp rather then fuzzy if you know what i mean.

Drummer and rhythm sections holds the song together prettly tightly

I think you need some more work on the vocals: For instance the vers isnt really being sang, rather just being said.
The Chorus - I can see it being catchy but vocalist has to sing it. I think you should do a higher octive or atleast bring more energy (hit the right notes and hold it instead of just saying the word) it sounds a little flat, and my suggestopn is to take out the overdub of the lower monotonous vocal part on the chorus.

The ending again, I like the guitar riff very catchy and drummer blasts through again very nice. The scremo part is not bad, it sounded better then the regular singing.

So overall Id say good song idea, some parts are really catchy and you guys play well together, just need to go into the studio and tighten up the mixing/singing and you should be good. The problems probably would be overlooked in a live seeting but on mp3 it has to be good.

Mind criting our new song? Thanks in advance bro!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634319

The song is pretty cool. The vocals I think need some work, and they were too loud in the mix. The guitar and drums sound like they need to be louder. The chorus would be pretty cool if the harmonies were more in tune. Try practicing with a piano, making sure your pitch is nice and clean. The screaming sounds pretty good, but I think it needs to be a little smoother. It sound like the vocalist is tightening his throat up when he screams. This is very bad for the vocal chords. Screaming should be done with an open throat, and let the air pass freely through. This will also make it so your throat doesn't get sore so easily when screaming. But I might be wrong about your vocalist, he might be doing it just fine, it just sounds like he is tensing his throat up very much.

Anyway, the song itself is pretty cool. I think if it was just recorded a little better it would be a catchy tune. Overall good job!
guitar could use better tone. more bite./ the drums and bass pretty good, except the bass mirrored the guitar way too closely. the vocals are pretty good. the harmonies on the chorus were really off.

thanks for the crit. you were only one who caught the marilyn manson.
Too cool for a signature.