Introducing: The Ghetto Talkbox!!!

I saw a thread on HC about it, and decided to have a go. Problem is... I didn't have barely any of the stuff needed. So I improvised

The great thing here is you can make your very own talkbox, instead of payin a ****load for one

So... Mr.Kipling cake trays, glued together airtight, hole for the tube that goes in my mouth. Pair of medium sized headphone speakers inside it. I covered the things in several layers of silver paint so they are less flexible.

After you have your airtight container with speakers inside, it just needs re-enforcing and the tube attatching. So:

A ****load of foil around the casing to further enhance soundproof-ness, some tissue to absorb saliva, a lot of tape... And it is complete.

If any of you wanna do it, you can still do it cheap. But I don't reccommend doing it as dodgy as me. Get a Marshall mini amp, a funnel, some duck tape, and a length of PVC tube. That's all you need and it works great.

Finally: CLIPS!!!!

It actually works good. Click on my sig and go to Ghetto Talkbox

Any questions if you plan to make your own, fire away; a lot of people don't really understand what a talkbox is or how it works. I'll help if you want.
Quote by Vermintide
Any questions if you plan to make your own, fire away; a lot of people don't really understand what a talkbox is or how it works. I'll help if you want.

yeah you got me, i have no clue what a talk-box is or how it works
can you explain?
This is something I've wanted to try for a while. Would you post step-by-step instructions?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Indeed.

I'll write up a more thorough guide tomorrow, at the mo I'm busy with some work stuff.

Just basically, a talkbox is a tight container so that the sound from the speakers inside is forced to go through the tube. Incase you haven't guessed, your guitar is plugged into the speaker (which is why it's ideal to use an amp of some kind as the speaker). When you put the tube in your mouth, you can use your mouth to modulate the sound like a wah, and make it say "Baby baby oh yeah...." and such.

Most people think it is like an FX pedal that you then plug into your amp for sound. Not true. The sound comes out of your mouth, so you have to "sing" your guitar into a mic to hear anything loudly.

At simplest, I'm fairly sure you could make a talkbox by simply placing a Marshall MS-2 in a tupperware tub, and sticking a tube in, then sealing it all airtight with tape.