Hey guys, I have a few questions.

Firstly, while alt-picking, and changing strings headed down, are there any specific tips you guys can give? This sort of leads into my second question, bc the difficulty in doing this comes up when i'm pretty strict in alt-picking, as in when i'm improvising. when I have time to plan out how i pick a lick, I can do whatever is most comfortable. when I am improvising, it's much easier to stay in alt-picking, or else my hand tends to guide my playing more than my brain. So basically, what did you guys do to improve technique while improvising. I like jazz, and really want to be able to play bebop, but with the constant strings of eigth notes, i can't keep up when doing skips and arpeggios.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Three note per string scale fingerings. When every string operates like every other
string (as far as picking goes), it's quite amazing what it can do for your playing.
With a regular picking pattern you can almost forget about what your right hand
needs to do and focus on your left. Not to mention, if you use 3 note per string
fingerings for Major, Harmonic and Melodic minor (and to a certain extent even
pentatonic) you can easily transfer a ton of content from one to another with
minimal fuss and new memorizing.
let me add a question to my thread then. part of these technical issues are covered by broken sweep lines, such as sweeping up the top four strings, then doing that again without sweeping down. is there a best way to do this? for example, sweep, then up-pick the note you come back to and sweep again. or do you reset and end up hitting all the notes in the same direction. stuff like this is really challenging me when arpeggiating in a jazz context.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me