what pickups would you recommend to fit, i would like high gain (as ive heard these are best for tapping ect)

help would be appreciated, thanks
Do you want to maintain the single coil look or do you want full size humbuckers? If the latter, do you know what the guitar is routed for? Are you willing to route it if not for humbuckers?
Hi, I'm Peter
It will devalue the guitar if you didn't know, replacing the magnets with new ones of the same kind shouldn't devalue it, or not too much
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
cus i like the fretboard and colour, and i dont have any idea about what humbuckers are or anything i dont know anything about pickups.
FIRST
Find as much information about pickups you can find

SECOND
Pickups are 10% of your sound, Amps are 80% of your sound...

THIRD
High-gain... hmm... Two brands to start with:
DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan (or Duncan Designed but those are les qualitative)
Try looking a Seymour duncan Hotrail, not designed for metal, but an improvement on the original pickups.

What colour strat did you get btw? I'm getting one and i'm interested in how it plays etc.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
^or Cool-rails...
Depends on your style

DiMarzio has some rails-pickups (single-coil-sized-humbuckers) designed for metal so you might wanna look on their site to...
Quote by JvL
FIRST
Find as much information about pickups you can find

SECOND
Pickups are 10% of your sound, Amps are 80% of your sound...

THIRD
High-gain... hmm... Two brands to start with:
DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan (or Duncan Designed but those are les qualitative)

I agree with your first point.

Your second point I disagree with. Tone exists as a whole. It's pointless to percentage it. While an amp can make a drastic change in your tone, a guitar with 2 different types of pickups won't sound "10 % different" through the same amp.

Your third point is partially incorrect. You can't buy "Duncan Designed" in the aftermarket. They're made by agreement between Duncan and some guitar manufacturers so they can put "Duncan Designed" on their cheap guitars.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 26, 2007,