does anyone have any tips on how to do a harmonic? not sure which one since i know that theres like 3 different types but its the kind where you put ur finger on the fret and pull back and somehow it makes a noise.... i have been trying but i cant do it. any tips or advice?
that's a natural harmonic, they're at the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets. just put your finger on the string (don't push down) pluck and remove your finger. it will ring. for pinch harmonics, when you pick a note, hold your pick so your thumb hits the string too (on any fret). for harp harmonics put one of your right hand fingers (without pushing down) 12 frets above where you are fretting with your left hand. a little confusing i guess, but they're not hard once you figure it out
Quote by blacksides
that's a natural harmonic, they're at the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets. just put your finger on the string (don't push down) pluck and remove your finger. it will ring. for pinch harmonics, when you pick a note, hold your pick so your thumb hits the string too (on any fret). for harp harmonics put one of your right hand fingers (without pushing down) 12 frets above where you are fretting with your left hand. a little confusing i guess, but they're not hard once you figure it out

Harmonics are all over the neck, those notes are just the most prominent.