Hey, i was playing the intro to "Bark At The Moon" really fast, and i noticed after a while my picking hand started to hurt, and i began to slow down.
It's kinda strange, but i could sit there and strum chords all day, even do fast solo's without getting tired. For some reason though, songs that alternate between palm muting and lifing off, and songs with FAST downstroking, get to my picking hand.
Examples: "Peace Sells"-Megadeth and "Bark At The Moon"- Ozzy Osbourne
P.S. It's not cause i can't do them; i actually think i do palm muting quite well and incorperate it into my playing often. Does this picking hand tiredness just go away with practice? Oh yeah, i never work out or anything (im very skinny ) would working out help?
it's just your muscles aren't used to that kind of thing. just keep practicing. and working out wouldn't help, because it's your hand that's tired, right?
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Just keep at it. After a while you'll build more stamina in your picking hand. And make sure you don't tense up your picking hand too much also.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Dido to what these guys said. "Practice makes perfect" I used to have a hard time downstroking fast 8th notes and slow 16th notes. Now i am fine it just took some time to get used to, thats all.
Yeah, the same thing happened to me about a year ago, just keep practicing, but i do recommend working out, nothing wrong with benching every now and then
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Quote by TOcheesehead
it's just your muscles aren't used to that kind of thing. just keep practicing. and working out wouldn't help, because it's your hand that's tired, right?

myabe he needs to work out his hand another way...
hah, yeah, just go at it.
i had an extremely wierd problem where my thumb would just give out when i would play my old band's songs and ONLY their songs.
i just kept at it and practiced longer and it went away.
oh yeah...if all else fails use pain relieving ointment applied outside of the skin
works like a charm
could be bad form as well (muscle tension)

wheres the pain coming from?
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
You haven't got enough stamina in your hand

I used to have the same problem, I had a weak downpick (I wouldn't be able to hold quick muted downpicking for long enough)

I got around it by going through all the CD's I had that I could play songs off downpicked and played through all of them ... One of the excersizes was play through Metallica's Kill Em' All and Master of Puppets Albums one after another, all downpicked... then moving onto Pantera CDs xD. It took a while to build the stamina but I suggest that you do the same by going through your CD collection. A good picking hand only comes with practise.
Quote by insomniac_style

You stole my masterbaiting joke
Gear:
Ibanez SA260FM
Ibanez AWD83
Boss GT8
Boss RC20-XL
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Quote by insomniac_style

I was waiting for that