my cousin gave me her old squire strat and it doesn't work but i'm gonna take all the electrics out change the neck(because the neck on it sucks and has no truss rod) and the bridge repaint it and add a kill switch and a neck pick up on switch but does anybody know if i can take a SSS strat and put a humbucker in the bridge without cutting any of the body
the guitar is over my cousins house but i did not consider looking from the heel but there is no cover or little indent at the head where it is usually at

i as well am amazed by this lack of truss rod but i will investigate by the heel as soon as i can go get it

but about the pickups if order a pre wired pickgaurd with pups and it's HSS i should not have a roblem with getting it on?

and does anyone know of other relatively simple mods i could do
i don't really get the point of scalloping but i think i will do it on the last couple frets just for the hell of it

i think i might put a series parallel switch on it also
Quote by wannabebassist2
i don't really get the point of scalloping but i think i will do it on the last couple frets just for the hell of it

i think i might put a series parallel switch on it also

Why bother doing it just for the sake of it? There are meant to be a few benefits to scalloping, but it requires a lighter touch as normal pressure would make the notes go sharp i think.
Fender Strat Build
Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster MEX
Fender Telecaster USA

Laney LC50-II
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
ProCo TheRat
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Ernie Ball 6166
Line 6 DL4
Line 6 TP UX2
i doubt i'm actually going to scallop any frets
i think i'm just gonna do a kill switch and neck pick up on or maybe get rid of the toggle switch and have an on switch for each pickup
do a push-pull with the bottom tone knob for a neck on switch like Two String did
do you mean so the bottom tone knob will act as a neck on switch and the tone knob

if so i think that's a good idea!

this might sound like a stupid question but is there a certain type of wire i need for the electronics on the inside?
yeah so pull up and the neck pickup is on, tone knob is fully functional, push down and the neck pickup is off, tone knob is fully functional. 20,22,24, or 26 guage stranded wire is good, insulated, really anything that carries a current

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/allpickups.php this and TwoString will help you alot
Quote by wannabebassist2
my cousin gave me her old squire strat and it doesn't work but i'm gonna take all the electrics out change the neck(because the neck on it sucks and has no truss rod) and the bridge repaint it and add a kill switch and a neck pick up on switch but does anybody know if i can take a SSS strat and put a humbucker in the bridge without cutting any of the body

first of all, i'd learn to write in sentences first.
Quote by remotepart
first of all, i'd learn to write in sentences first.

Way to be a jerk. Go die in a fire

to threadstarter- how old is old? and do you know if the body is any good? I mean, if its not that old, it could be plywood :\
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i'd say it's about 15 years old but it's not plywood the body is fine

i picked it up today and there is no truss rod so i'm gonna replace the neck and electronics

(notice the lack of periods or remoteparts)
no it's weird but i'm replacing the neck anyway because asides from that there's a few chips in it
but i did start sanding the body so i can re-finish
i don't know what i'm gonna do with the finish yet but i'm thinking of some psychadelic swirl thing but i don't know how to
err are you sure there is no truss rod i dont think thats possible on an electric built only 15 years ago
yes positive
if it's a maple neck with rosewood fret board isn't there a dark line on the back where the truss rod isd
if i can find a usb i'll put pictures of it up
no there isnt always a dark line on the back. is their a hole drilled on the headstock near the nut or is there a hole, when you take the neck off, on the back of the neck.
there is no whole in the headstock and i took the neck off and found the truss rod haha
i think it's pretty stupid because you could'nt access it for adjusting
its not that hard usually you can just straighten it and check it with a straight edge