alright so ive been playing for a year. I think i have done good for a year..i try to practice as much as i can. Currently i have this guitar & amp. Here is the guitar
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_les_paul_special_ii_electric_guitar?full_sku=100161340
here is the amp
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_fender_frontman_15g_guitar_combo_amp?full_sku=100324498
i think for the guitar i got ripped off pretty bad as people can buy them for less then one hundred. anywho as you can see this guitar has a slow neck, heavy, fret buzz, and the amp sounds bad on distortion(sounds really bad when iam trying to play fast) I play mostly classic metal and some modern, and my mom asked me if i want a new guitar or amp. THen i will buy the other one later which ever i dont get. What do you guys think? any advice also if you do could put the name of the guitar or amp so i can check them out. thanks for any help! one more thing what do you think of the les paul Special II
LOL
Budget? Trem or fixed bridge? Active or passive pickup preference?
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
i would like to keep it at 400-500...trem, and what is the diff between active and passive pickup?
LOL
Hmm in that price range you could try out a Peavey Valveking 112 combo or maybe even find a really cheap tube combo. I've seen some Peavey 5150s go in that price range on ebay.
Active pickups are 9V battery powered pickups. They have a built in preamp and have higher output, allowing you to play higher gain music such as Metallica. For metal, EMG makes the best active pickups. If you can't stand your guitar anymore, you could give this a shot. Great axe for the price.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-?sku=518491
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
what do you about the current guitar i have right now? i was thinking for playing and learning alot more before buying one just now. its just when some1 wants to hear me play..kinda hard on this bad guitar and amp. i play alot better with the guitar not even plugged in the amp.
LOL
Based on that, sounds like you would prefer a new amp over a new guitar. Try checking out the Valveking as NightmareXT suggested. Bare in mind that you won't be able to get it really high gain though. For a more high gain amp, check out the Randall RG50TC. I don't think there are 5150s selling for that price range on eBay. But just look around, you might get yourself the deal of your life.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
yeah, a new amp is better. I think the guitar is pretty cheap, but will still be ok with a good amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground