Page 1 of 2
Yes my fellow chum....this is for the people who love the Elder Scrolls games

discuss anything you wish here whether it be cheats, glitches, strategys, treasure locations, general gameplay, graphics, your save file or whatever as long as it has to do with the Elder Scrolls games

Ive personally beaten Oblivion twice with all shrine quests done, locations found, etc.
and have over 100k gold but im currently kinda bored with it since i still need the Shivering Isles update to get the rest of it done (I do have Knights of the Nine and completed it btw).

Right now im playing Morrowind because its much more enjoyable then Oblivion and has a much funner playability then Oblivion....besides, I haven't picked it up in like a year or two.

Well thats all for this....
Discuss away!
I can't play Morrowind...****ing sucks. My stupid ass computer isn't good enough...and the one I'm on right now is a mac. So I bought it for xbox and apparently its not backwards compatible ( I have the 360) so I'm out of luck.

Oblivion however is great. But my disc is ****ed up.....I can't play for more than 5 minutes without getting this "the disc is unreadable" message.

And of course I don't have xbox live so I cant get Knights of the Nine or SI.

So basically, the elder scrolls games are great....I just have the worst luck possible.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
ah cheer up man.... actually no...cry your eyes out....if i couldnt play oblivion OR morrowind for an extended period of time id freak...

and they made a new update for morrowind...but you gotta have xbox live to do it =\

as for your oblivion disc...go to Gamecrazy (not Gamestop or EB Games or any other ****)
and see if they have the thing that makes your game discs brand new (aka refurbisher)
it repairs the bottom of your disc to make it look brand new and run brand new.

P.S. do NOT EVER buy the cd cleaners that you use yourself....they NEVER work
Hmmm seeking help for my problems instead of bottling them up and ranting about them on some internet forum...

You have helped me see the light

Thank you my friend
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
I like to play Oblivion more because the world feels more active and alive, but I really do wish that it had the more varied environments like those in Morrowind. In Morrowind I knew where I was based on my surroundings, and the different caves, Daedric shrines/forts, tombs, and all that stuff made exploring really fun. On Oblivion all the environments are kinda the same thing with different colors, and the Ayleid ruins, caves, and forts all have the same foggy green glowy look to them. Those get boring really fast. I think Oblivion would have been the perfect game if they'd created a world that encouraged exploration instead of making me want to fast travel everywhere I possibly can.
Oblivion Dissapointed me in alot of ways. Morrowind for the win!
GEAR:
Epiphone special II
Ibanez RG570
Yamaha C-40
Roland Cube 30
ENGL Fucking Fireball
Framus 2x12 W/V30's

T3H HAMMER
First i have to say that Morrowind and Oblivion are the best games that ive ever played, but with that being said i agree completely with what madbasslover said. if youve been in one cave or ruin youve seen them all. i cant stand the alyeid ruins with all the gates that are "opened elsewhere" it gets really old. just open the damn gate so i can take what i need and leave. as far as the quest lines go, the dark brotherhood was the most entertaining, the mages guild had the best story line, the thieves guild was okay but not great, and the fighters guild was just a pain in the ass. like in morrowind i didnt do the main quest until last in oblivion and i thought i was really short but the ending was awesome. i think i only closed 3 gates during the whole game though because like the caves there all the same and i didnt feel like rinsing and repeating over and over.
Morrowind>all games.

I have it on xbox and I'm level 57 go me haha. And I didn't cheat at all, except health
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Morrowind>all games.

I have it on xbox and I'm level 57 go me haha. And I didn't cheat at all, except health

There's no denying that cheating on Morrowind is fun as hell, though. When you can jump so high that you can't see anything anymore, life is good. Plain and simple.

Never make yourself permanently invisible though. Then nothing will fight you and it really puts a damper on the whole experience.
after beating both morrowind and most recently oblivion i still dont know where any of the guild halls are in the cities or anything like that and i still have to use my map to get from one side of a city to another, but even not having played morrowind for a year i could go boot up the disc and still know exactly how to get anywhere and i think theres something to be said for that. fast travel isnt the reason why i cant find stuff within cities but i does allow you to become less engaged in the surroundings while you play so you can do things without even thinking about it. one way or another you could fast travel between any cities you wanted in morrowind but in that there was a logical method. say your in vivec and you want to get to khuul, you have to know how to get to the boat and vivec and then pay the guy for transport and then in this case know that it will take more than one boat to get there.
I personally thought Oblivion sucked. What I really wanted them was to redo morrowind with oblivion graphics and combat and thats it
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I like oblivion morrowind is probably better though

thing is too really get the best experience out of oblivion you need to crank the difficulty to the max and play it that way the whole game.

You need to create a custom class focus on certain skills, level efficiently, and have good strategy just to survive. Otherwise oblivion does get boring. I started a new game just to do that

Anyway heres what i'm playing(class, birthsign etc.) on hardest difficulty oblivion

Class:

Chameleon:

Skills:

* Alchemy
* Blade
* Conjuration
* Illusion
* Marksman
* Security
* Sneak

Birthsign: The Mage

Race: Argonian

Post your custom classes
Quote by rooster456
Guitars will bring girlfriends. Girlfriends won't bring guitars.

Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Last edited by Csquared1001 at Jul 25, 2007,
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim FTW. GOnna be awesome. I ain't played Oblivion since... March? Anyway, I was hitting Shivering Isles then. TOTALLY worth the £15 I payed, real replayability value. The graphics are awesome on any PC if you get an HD monitor & high ram, you could actually orgasm over the views.
Morrowind > Oblivion
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Gu1tar K1d
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim FTW. GOnna be awesome. I ain't played Oblivion since... March? Anyway, I was hitting Shivering Isles then. TOTALLY worth the £15 I payed, real replayability value. The graphics are awesome on any PC if you get an HD monitor & high ram, you could actually orgasm over the views.

There's gonan be a fifth? SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry for double post.
Morrowind is about the best real-time RPG out there. The only RPG anywere I think that gives Fallout 2 a run for its money.
Death to Ovation haters!
+1

EDIT: I did enjoy Gothic II though
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

is that a fact???
personally i was hoping for a game combining valenwood and elswhere nex and i havent heard anything about the development of elder scrolls V
I bought Morrowind for XBOX awhile back and it's not fun. I've tried it like a hundred times with different class and stuff but I can never get past the 2nd or 3rd mission for whichever guild I join. I'll spend probably 3 hours just building my guy up and making his skills for whichever class he is better but I still will get killed by the first enemy that comes along. Like there was one for the Mages guild I think and the 3rd or 4th mission you have to cross a bridge and there is a guy who waits on it and tries to kill you. It doesn't matter what I do or how much I build up my guy the bridge man always stomps me a new asshole. Everytime. And I'm not bad at these type of games or anything. Any suggestions or anything? I mean other than "quit sucking at the game".
I'm like level 50 or something on my main file on my Xbox but I like used the soultrap glitch on everything ( skills, health, magicka, fatigue, attributes ) but I still love it.

I just need to get 360 and Oblivion.
(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <

?? ?????

Quote by adamungar1
Pinky, although he was the greatest cartoon character ever, he makes a lousy finger.

Quote by Pacifica112J

"ZOMG, I like... Totally gave your mom a Tony Danza lol"

Quote by Pacifica112J
There's only one solution.

Put it in her butt.
How long did it take you guys to start leveling?

I bought Morrowind on PC because I wanted to play it before I got Oblivion but I've probably been playing for like 6 or 7 hours over the past week and I'm still level 1. do I just suck or is it always like that?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by Garret.

I bought Morrowind on PC because I wanted to play it before I got Oblivion but I've probably been playing for like 6 or 7 hours over the past week and I'm still level 1. do I just suck or is it always like that?

dude level 2 always takes forever to reach, no matter what. once you reach level 2, you'll start to level up at a faster, steadier rate.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
I bought Morrowind for XBOX awhile back and it's not fun. I've tried it like a hundred times with different class and stuff but I can never get past the 2nd or 3rd mission for whichever guild I join. I'll spend probably 3 hours just building my guy up and making his skills for whichever class he is better but I still will get killed by the first enemy that comes along. Like there was one for the Mages guild I think and the 3rd or 4th mission you have to cross a bridge and there is a guy who waits on it and tries to kill you. It doesn't matter what I do or how much I build up my guy the bridge man always stomps me a new asshole. Everytime. And I'm not bad at these type of games or anything. Any suggestions or anything? I mean other than "quit sucking at the game".

The PC version is better XD.

I have something controversial to say. Oblivion is overrated and it doesn't compare to Morrowind.
Quote by Garret.

Train train train. Doing a little bit of the main quest and some guild quests helps too.
Quote by fendermustang12

I have something controversial to say. Oblivion is overrated and it doesn't compare to Morrowind.

Well I'm glad I only spent ten bucks on it then.
I've only played Oblivion, what is so great about Morrowind?
i kick ass at oblivion
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I dunno, I've played Morrowind for a while, 1st time reached about 20 but it gets boring! This world seems so stretched and rigid...
I don't feel treated right enough to kill more those poor tortoise monsters :] (they made some funny sounds, lol) either. Maybe I'm playing wrong way?:]
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Quote by One Way Ticket
Two weeks ago, Yngwie Malmsteen walked up to me at a mall and gave me a bag of donuts. He told me "I don eat no focking donuts".
How can you tell what level your at on Obilvion? Also is it normal to be playing for 5 or 6 hours and still be on level one?
^^^ Eventually it will let you know when you level up. It asks you to go and rest and meditate on what you've learned. Then a little icon appears at the bottom of the screen.

I love Oblivion so much. I explored everywhere and did all the guilds and got to level 20 before I even started on the main quest. So much fun.
My Oblivion disc has got cracks in it from somewhere, so I can't play it at the moment.
Quote by denizenz
Cute in English is the same as grim and frostbitten in Nordic.

Gear:
Washburn T14 B
Laney RB-1
Quote by fendermustang12

I have something controversial to say. Oblivion is shit and it doesn't compare to Morrowind.

fixed.
Dickless.
I have never played Oblivion but i love Morrowind. i have beaten the main quest 3 times and i have one file at level 46, with 1.5 million gold, im the master of the fighters, mages, and thieves guild. as well as the assasins one. plus i have another half million gold in items i dont use. just too lazy to sell them
Oblivion FTW

I've logged over 1000 hours on it over about 3 charectors...my favorite by far is my level 40 High elf Apprentice(Birthsign) Mage(Class) with 2k magika and an assload of spells =D
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Morrowind>all games.

Big deal? I have GOTY and level 110 with no cheats max attributes.
The black character in morrowind was the ****. Redguard FTW.

I'd walk around Balmora goin' "Bitch what?" and just destroying guards everywhere.
haha
Page 1 of 2