Hey UG-ers. I had a thought.

It seems like every thread I read gets reported for some pointless reason. Why is each user in such a rush to report each other? Sometimes I can understand it but usually it's just some jerk posting his/her rude thoughts. It doesn't bother anyone. I hate spammers as much as the next guy but this is getting ridiculous.

Oh, and please don't report this. It's just a thought. I don't mean to be a jerk.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
*reported*

sorry, i had to.

for the record, i have never had a thread reported in a couple years. Its just you.
Not Enough AssHatery
It is a valid point but as expected you'll always get guys like that ^^
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
So much for UG people sticking together.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
I got reported once for having a link to ebay on a post...UG is growing more and more totaliterian by the minute!
sometimes there is a valid reason such as there being a thread on exactly the same topic, or the post is just ridiculous and sometimes its because people are just assholes and like abusing the report button
Quote by JadeGreenCrayon
I got reported once for having a link to ebay on a post...UG is growing more and more totaliterian by the minute!

I just succumbed to the report fad..
*sigh.*
Not on this thread however.
I've never been reported and been told.
And I've only reported twice, for stupid ass reasons.
You have some good points.
But eh, maturity is a bitch eh?
yeah i mean what do you win by reporting other UG-ers?
If You Feel Depressed, Remember You Were The Fastest Sperm
Quote by FrAnK--->>
yeah i mean what do you win by reporting other UG-ers?

cookies from zappp
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
People are so quick to report becuase people are equally as quick to create stupid threads.
I can understand closing spam threads out side of the Pit but anything should go in here, isnt that the point of the pit???

But its the job of the mods and staff to manage the forums, you just look like a bit of a tit for reporting your fellow man. It should be a community something it is becoming less and less.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It's only recently started...it probably happens when we have a noob-surge like we just had, people trying to seem like "good UGers" or just being annoying for annoyance's sake.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
UG can be an unfair site sometimes

and if you dont admit it its because you cant see some kind of things
If there's a duplicate thread it gets reported. If it's a thread with no purpose (spam), ie. "i liek mudkipz lol", it gets reported. If it's a hate-fueled thread, pointing at specific groups, it gets reported. This is how things work. If these threads were left open then there'd be no actual discussions in the Pit and it'd just turn into a lame /b/ style place, where people post non-sensical bullsh*t for no apparent reason.

You've got to remember that with the amount of people frequenting these forums that in a day without mods the place'd go tits up (anyone remember when that happened?). Quit your whining. If you don't like your threads being closed, stop making pointless threads. There's a different between funny and plain pointless.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult
If there's a duplicate thread it gets reported. If it's a thread with no purpose (spam), ie. "i liek mudkipz lol", it gets reported. If it's a hate-fueled thread, pointing at specific groups, it gets reported. This is how things work. If these threads were left open then there'd be no actual discussions in the Pit and it'd just turn into a lame /b/ style place, where people post non-sensical bullsh*t for no apparent reason.

You've got to remember that with the amount of people frequenting these forums that in a day without mods the place'd go tits up (anyone remember when that happened?). Quit your whining. If you don't like your threads being closed, stop making pointless threads. There's a different between funny and plain pointless.

I agree. Save your bullshit for MySpace bulletins.
the link you click to come in the pit says and i quote "The forum for all general discussion that is not covered by other forums, from music issues to whatever" so in my opinion(<---------------don't hate me for it) the only things that should be closed are spam threads and nothing else i can think of at this time
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
hey yakult is that why my WTF SONY thread got closed because i was just making a point and i've seen worse thats still open
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I don't think it's the reporting of threads that bothers me as much as it is the need of so many people to declare that they've *reported* it.