Page 1 of 4
It doesn't really have to be your first metal band, or the first band that got you into metal or anything. I just wanna know, when all you metalheads started listening to MUSIC in general, what was the first band you really idolized?
And yes, it belongs in the metal forum because I'm curious how far away or nearby your early music preferences are to your current ones.

Mine was Aerosmith. I still listen to 'em, too!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
pantera and metallica
Originally posted by str84ever
Since you are playing metal and from what i know about guitars which is not alot

the pointer the guitar the better it is for metal

problem solved.
Iron Maiden, which led to Metallica which led to Pantera which led to Opeth which led deathmetal and the likes of it.

But I still listen to Metallica the most. RTL is a goddamn masterpiece!
It all started out with Coldplay ... Yes i know.

And now i've noticed i like thrash/heavy metal bands most: Pantera, Kreator, Testament, Damage Plan, ...

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

System of a Down
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

well i didnt start listenin to music til i was like 15 and it was pop rock, **** like blink 182. then one glorious day i picked up a guitar world with zakk wylde on the cover and it made me think... wow this guy looks like a bad ass. so i went home and downloaded some BLS, metal then grabbed me by the nuts and to this day has not let go. theres no comparison to the power of metal. now its Black Sabbath, Zeppelin (metal or not), Megadeth, Slayer, (old)Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Damageplan, Children of Bodom, Ozzy, and Van Halens 1st album. ha, that all happened about 5 years ago. Blink 182 made me wanna pick up a guitar so i cant say i regret that phase completely, but guys like zakk, dime, iommi, and page made me wanna learn how to PLAY it you know. man, metal is the blood in my veins now

EDIT: so id have to say the 1st metal band that got me into metal was Black Label Society
Last edited by HazeD at Jul 25, 2007,
haha nirvana , because I found once a Nirvana CD in my mothers collection... Still think they're great though...
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Probally ozzy and sabbath
Ibanez ICX220
D'addario XL .010 - .046
Dunlop stubby 1mm

DigiTech RP50
Korg AX3000G

Laney KD65

Quote by Lateralus17
Just stop. Stop being a pussy and get a real addiction like drinking coca-cola.
Quote by HazeD
well i didnt start listenin to music til i was like 15 and it was pop rock, **** like blink 182. then one glorious day i picked up a guitar world with zakk wylde on the cover and it made me think... wow this guy looks like a bad ass. so i went home and downloaded some BLS, metal then grabbed me by the nuts and to this day has not let go. theres no comparison to the power of metal. now its Black Sabbath, Zeppelin (metal or not), Megadeth, Slayer, (old)Metallica, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Damageplan, Children of Bodom, Ozzy, and Van Halens 1st album. ha, that all happened about 5 years ago. Blink 182 made me wanna pick up a guitar so i cant say i regret that phase completely, but guys like zakk, dime, iommi, and page made me wanna learn how to PLAY it you know. man, metal is the blood in my veins now

EDIT: so id have to say the 1st metal band that got me into metal was Black Label Society

Beautiful

lol

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

gnr
Live fast, die young, and leave a good lookin corpse

Quote by Pleasure2kill
It doesn't really have to be your first metal band, or the first band that got you into metal or anything. I just wanna know, when all you metalheads started listening to MUSIC in general, what was the first band you really idolized?
And yes, it belongs in the metal forum because I'm curious how far away or nearby your early music preferences are to your current ones.

Mine was Aerosmith. I still listen to 'em, too!

Yeah?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
I think it was something like sash! or the vengaboys

As for actual bands I think it was linkin park korn or sum 41 at the age of 9. §Yeah I found those kicking back then) As for my first real metalband, I guess it was Abigor, Mactätus, Thy Primordial, windir or Ulver. Anyway Ulver and Windir remained my favourite bands over the years.

Yamaha RBX A2
Ampeg BA600-115 1 x 15 Bass Combo
well sadly i started listening to nickelback when I was like 9 (laugh all u want i no they suck) which got me into "heavier" music and now i lobe metallica and iron maiden
Status Quo.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Chevelle. Still listen to them today because they kick ass.

First metal band is In Flames.

...and that, my friends, is the story of how walkinbazooka became black.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
N'SYNC...i was 6. Im not ****ting you.

But my friend had some old metallica records playin (i suppose they were fairly new at the time) and i had no idea what was goin on, or any concept of metal, but i knew it was awesome.

Then he got me into Pantera, which made me go back to Metallica, and then Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, etc. before i got into the newer stuff ie AILD, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, Arch Enemy, etc.
I was getting into classic rock, my dad got me into it, and I kinda went heavier and heavier. I started listening to Black Sabbath and Metallica's first album, and that somehow get me listening to several genres of metal today.
Page 1 of 4